Amateur Radio Foundation Licence course at the 2016 Bushmoot.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
once passed what bands can you opperate ?
G7wbd

David

Once you get your callsign, you can operate on any of the amateur bands except the 5m band (full licence only) and the microwave bands (full licence only.)
But you are restricted to 10w or power. That's not an issue though as many operators make world wide contacts on just 5w.

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
In addition....
There may be candidates who would prefer to self learn from the book.
It may also be worth offering those people the opportunity to come along for the assessment part of the course.
(We have done similar at our club and other radio related conferences/gatherings.)

That's the general idea. Essexham has a free online study course that provides all the prep work you'll need before the moot. The three days will be revision clarification when needed and practicals followed by exam.

I'll provide all the links to learning materials available online well in advance then it's up to the individuals to study so they are ready for the final assessments and exam.

http://www.essexham.co.uk/foundation-online

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
GMT is +9hrs from here. Tuning around on 10M, found some Brits and broke in. We gabbed all afternoon!
The skip was hard as a rock. Just as if we were sitting at the same table. One by one, they went to bed.
I'll say 25+ years ago. Still stands out as a +1 experience.

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
GMT is +9hrs from here. Tuning around on 10M, found some Brits and broke in. We gabbed all afternoon!
The skip was hard as a rock. Just as if we were sitting at the same table. One by one, they went to bed.
I'll say 25+ years ago. Still stands out as a +1 experience.

Hahaha! I was going to say how bad the bands are at the moment, then I read the 25 years ago bit. Yes, 10m is a great band when it's open, but we are at the bottom end of the 11 year sunspot cycle. In fact, all the bands are pretty much dead right now as we have had so many CMEs of late. Good news for the aurora watchers, but bad news for radio propigation.

stevec

Oct 30, 2003
Sheffield
hi Eric, like the sound of the bushcraft ARC. i'm on an intermediate course myself at the moment. all good fun. i think you know one of the other members of the wireless society i'm in, krystyna 2e0ksh. its a small world, especially if you use joe taylors software!

73 de m6slo

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
Hi guys, sorry I haven't been on for a while. I'm having issues getting the moot venue registered as a testing centre. It requires a site visit by an appointed invigilator and that requires my presence and complete access. There's no way I can get down to Merthyr Mawr before the moot, so I'm trying to explore other avenues.

spader

Native
Dec 19, 2009
Scotland
Yup there is nothing going on the hf bands right now. It has been like that over a month, and no one seems to know when it will improve.

Canoedog

Life Member
Jun 22, 2016
Kiveton Yorkshire
I'm a full licence holder and recently tutored on the advance course at Workshop ARS, 4 out of 5 passed the exam. I'd be happy to help out if needed and would also like to join the club

De Gary, M0ONI.

Sent from my A106T using Tapatalk

Nov 12, 2014
Devon
I see this won't be happening now,
but as new to the site, and coming to the moot for the first time with my son who has his foundation licence, he's interested in meeting up with others anyway..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE