Always interesting...

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Opening up the bandsaw to clean it out. There is always an interesting pile of dust, showing the history of what i have been working with.

Kinda reminds of sedimentary rock formations in different colours.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
That's quality Mark

My gran used to have some lava from Mt Vesuvius in a glass box which looked identical to that :)

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I wish there was a way i could preserve it in situ, so i could remove it all as is. But thats pretty much an impossibility i reckon.

Any suggestions welcome if someone has an idea though :)
That's quality Mark

My gran used to have some lava from Mt Vesuvius in a glass box which looked identical to that

Last edited:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Interesting :)

I watched a video on youtube about a guy who lathed little knick nacks from lumps that had accumulated in car paint spraying booths. They looked stunning

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Bloody good idea that Rich. I could see that working... but it would be so vulnerable to being knocked once the box was removed from the bandsaw.

Edit... Perhaps a tight fitting lid, that can fit inside the box to compress the dust a little and then lock it in place. Shouldn't move about inside then.

Custom made perspex box inside? :)

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
You could spray it with a water mister bottle that had a mix of pva added to the liquid. It's how folks set ballast on model railway tracks. No idea how far in that it would soak and absorb though. Normally sprayed and left for 24 hours.

The fellow who used to valet my car called the build up of debris from my boots, foraging and work 'stratigraphy' :eek: :eek:

I think I prefer yours :D :D

M

Ratio varies from 30:70 to 50:50

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I use an old dyson hoover attached to my bandsaw and it creates the same patterns. I was thinking the very same thing last night, great minds. ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE