Aluminium..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Justin Time

Native
Aug 19, 2003
South Wales
Jak
I guess I'm saying that science may be the best way to answer certain questions, and if the question is " Does ingesting aluminium cause Alzheimer's disease?" then I don't see any other way. No matter how many years of experience you have working with people with Alzheimer's you won't be able to answer it without science. OTOH I'd much rather have an experienced care assistant working with me on a busy shift rather than any world famous neuro-scientist, even if he or she can explain in detail the latest research findings. So, looking after people with Alzheimer's, yup, experience matters, explaining it... give me science... Seeing the effects of Alzheimer's I want to take steps to lessen the chances I'll get it and again I have to look to science and scientists for that.

If the question is "why can't I get an ember from my bow drill?" there's any number of people on BCUK who could help me. So no argument when it comes to bushcraft, knowing how to do something because you've done it lots in different conditions is much better than knowing that it's possible to do it because you've read it in a book or a website. Mind you in learning about edible versus non-edible plants I prefer to use both, it's great to go munching the flora but only if I feel comfortable in my identification.... "What are these nice pink berry things?... racks brain... gets out book, aha Spindle... "Fruits are toxic in large quantities"" .. Thank you book. Experience may have taught people what's toxic, science will have worked out why.

jakunen

Native
To eat, or not to eat?

Alas, poor Yorik. I knew him well.

What he died of is hard to tell.

Something he ate must have caused his demise,

Just what it was may be a surprise.

Was it meat or fish, that fatal dish?

Eggs or chicken, milk or cheese?

Sprays on the veg or bugs in the water?

Salmonella in poultry, diseased cattle at slaughter?

Perhaps it was brown bread, the latest of threats.

He did seem so healthy – we’d beat hedge our bets.

The post mortem will tell at the end of the day,

Just what it was that took him away.

Till then, perhaps, best not eat or drink

As we could also be on the brink

Of a fate like his, the unfortunate fellow,

And die of a fever, be it black, green or yellow.

They’ve done the post mortem,

‘Twasn’t food irradiation –

He’d heard all the reports

And died of STARVATION!

Mrs. Frances Pryor, Chelmsford

wentworth

Settler
Aug 16, 2004
Australia
jakunen said:
To eat, or not to eat?

Alas, poor Yorik. I knew him well.

What he died of is hard to tell.

Mrs. Frances Pryor, Chelmsford

ARG! it's "Alas poor yorick, I knew him Horatio" not knew him well. And I'm an Aussie! You guys are English (some of you) like Shakespeare! so no excuse for you! :wink:
Joke btw.. I did enjoy the poem

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE