Aluminium pot for use on fire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goliath

Forager
Jun 19, 2006
Netherlands
HI Goliath,

I've been using a trangia set the last few weekends out, have put the kettle, as well as the aluminium pans straight on the fire without any problems. At home you can easily clean the sooth off with wire wool.

Trangia does some ready made billies as well, not to expensive...

http://www.trangia.se/english/2930.camping+scouting_sets.html

I have a set of the extra-survival billy's they are great for cooking over a fire but a bit hard to eat from as they are pretty deep compared to their width.

Anyway as to you original question, I haven't had any problems sticking a aluminium pot on to a fire, but if you want to make sure, buy the pot for € 1,20 and put in on a fire to try it out.

Quite welcome to come around to oudenbosch one day to use the firepit in my garden if you like.....
Yes I've bought the aluminium pot I mentioned. I'll just try it out :) Those trangia pots are too large by the way. The model I have now is quite narrow and deep but I don't think that's much of a problem. I'd like to put the whole package in the sidepouch of my Sabre 35 :)

Thanks for the offer by the way, but that's on the other side of the country :p We have quite a large garden aswell (well, by Dutch standards anyway) so I can just try it out here.

Should stop raining though -_-

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE