Alternative to craghopper kiwi trousers?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi there,
Just after a bit of advice if anyone can help.
I currently wear size 34R kiwi craghoppers for work and play. I love the pocket configuration ( especially the zipped hip pockets) and the height of the cargo pocket on the right thigh is just the right height ( I hate cargo pockets that sit on the knee). I am looking for some more as they have a hard life and I don't want to be left trouserless:). Just been looking on various sites and can get them for £25 plus p&p (or free p&p if I spend enough). Can anyone recommend other trousers that should fit this bill, or where to buy the kiwis from. I notice they have upgraded the newer kiwis with stronger stitching and better belt, any comments on this?

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
I must be pretty unlucky, every TX Max I've went to has had every pair of Craggs at full price ie 40 quid, except for last years unwanted sizes which are far far too large for me.

telwebb

Settler
Aug 10, 2010
Somerset, UK
I guess you know Field and Trek do them - though you have to catch them right for the best prices. I got a couple of pairs of the Craghopper Outdoor trousers from them a while back and can't fault them for a tenner.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Regatta do a pair of cargo trousers that I like very much. The polycotton fabric is a little softer than the craghoppers but other than that they are similar, although the regatta tend to be cheaper.

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
Craghoppers do another pair of trousers, but I don't know the name. When I bought mine they had a Duke of Edinburgh tag on them. I find the fit much better, the material much tougher and the pockets better. There are 2 zipped hip pockets, 2 buttoned rear pockets, a zipped thigh pocket and 2 buttoned cargo pockets (I think). I can't remember the price but picked them up at my local Debenhams store.

Actually I think these are the ones. The classic walking trouser: http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs...+CMJ231R++A_-1?breadcrumb=Home~txtcraghoppers

At a discount price at the moment.

Fizzy

Nomad
Feb 8, 2010
Ash Vale
I must be pretty unlucky, every TX Max I've went to has had every pair of Craggs at full price ie 40 quid, except for last years unwanted sizes which are far far too large for me.

That's odd, TK Maxx never sell anything at full retail price. Perhaps they'd simply missed being labelled...

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
That's odd, TK Maxx never sell anything at full retail price. Perhaps they'd simply missed being labelled...

So I'm told, but I've been in 2 seperate stores, one in Kilmarnock the other Glasgow and both times I'd have a look at CH, both times full whack, bar sizes 38+ in last seasons style.. lol

It's just the sort of life I lead.. :D

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
So I'm told, but I've been in 2 seperate stores, one in Kilmarnock the other Glasgow and both times I'd have a look at CH, both times full whack, bar sizes 38+ in last seasons style.. lol

It's just the sort of life I lead.. :D

I had a bag full for sale at Comrie in blue,did you not see them? (34R).
Still have a few.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Craghoppers seem to have a permanent sale on - I'm forever getting mailings from them. Get on their mailing list and just wait for the bargains ;)

BarryG

Nomad
Oct 30, 2007
NorthWest England
I had a pair of M&S ones bought for me.
Surprisingly they are alright. Light, copious amounts of pockets and quick to dry. Not sure id trust them in the mountains but they are okay for knocking about in the woods for a day.

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
Unless you are sold on wearing CH's I can highly recommend Dickies 'Eisenhower' trousers. Around £15-£25, plenty of pockets and absolutely bomb proof. I've (deliberately) crashed through 3-4 feet tall brambles and not had a single scratch thanks to the heavy canvas-like weave. (No links, etc, just a very happy owner).

Chris

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE