Alpkit Hunka or Hunka XL

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

vildor

Nov 6, 2010
Portugal - Lisbon
Hi!

I'm goingo to buy my first bivi-bag and decided upon a Hunka. Now the problem is that my winter sleeping bag is
205 x 75 x 48 (L x W x W) cm.
The Hunka is 80cm wide. Is 5cm more ok or will it be to tight? Should I get the Hunka XL (98cm wide on shoulder, 72cm on the foot area) ?

It's the first time I'm using a bivi-bag, so not shure of what to expect. I'm farly large and I'm afraid it gets hard getting in and out of the bivi.

One more thing: if i go with sleeping mat inside the bivi, then the hunka will definetelly be too tight, right?

Thanks in advance and sorry for some poor english (not my first language).

vildor

Nov 6, 2010
Portugal - Lisbon
180X50X2,5 cm. It's not "branded", from Decathlon. It's ok for the weather we get here in Portugal (except for very cold winters, but in thoose conditions i preferer a tent).

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
I think the normal Hunka is tiny and I'm just under 6' and have a 42" chest. For a winter bag go for the XL so the bag can loft. They're light enough so the extra size won't affect your pack.

vildor

Nov 6, 2010
Portugal - Lisbon
Thank you very much. The bag is not really a winter bag, it's only 3-seasons (as I said, in deep winter i prefer other options and in Portugal is hard to get less than 3ºC except for some selected areas).

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Thank you very much. The bag is not really a winter bag, it's only 3-seasons (as I said, in deep winter i prefer other options and in Portugal is hard to get less than 3ºC except for some selected areas).

Gotcha. I didn't notice that bit about the warm Portugal winters. Personally I'd still go for the XL every time just to have a bit of room. Nothing worse than feeling constricted all night!

Nohoval_Turrets

Sep 28, 2004
Ireland
I have the regular Hunka. I'm small - 5'6" (1.67m) with a 36" (91 cm) chest, and I would consider the Hunka just about big enough for me. I use it only in Summer - in Winter I use the army goretex bivi - but I'd have concerns about leaving enough room for the bag to loft in Winter.

So for most people I would definitely recommend the XL.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE