Alpkit Gourdon 30

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BIG_emu

Tenderfoot
May 7, 2005
Cheshire
I've got the 25 and use it for taking cadet out on D of E's and for a day sack. it's a fantastic bag. not sure about the stealthy gourdon as the lack of a window probably makes it harder to find things. If you order some get a pack of whoomf buckles to completely stop the straps slipping and if you want the bungee straps. I also have a mod that will enable you to attach bungee straps without compromising the waterproofness PM me if you want the instructions.

oh and if you put a hydration pack in the backbit it makes it even more comfortable.

IMO it's a fantastic bit of kit

Ben

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
I have one two and also think it is a great peice of kit - waterproof and easy to carry!

could I have a copy of your mod too please emu? sounds intreagueing..

robadams

Forager
Aug 19, 2004
Hampshire
Ordered the 20ltr for my wife the other day. Off to the post office to collect it shortly. My plan is to buy one each for the kids if they are up to the job, which I'm sure they are.
Would also be interested in your mod for the larger models.

BIG_emu

Tenderfoot
May 7, 2005
Cheshire
pm me your email and I'll forward it on. I will do some better pictures make it tidier and post it up here when I get time.

harlequin

Aug 8, 2004
UK
I have one of each size (20, 25 and 30). My current favourite is the 30 as this is the only one with a padded hip belt.
Any chance of this mod, too, BIG_emu.
Cheers

BIG_emu

Tenderfoot
May 7, 2005
Cheshire
At the moment I've got it attahced to an email, so if anyone who want the mod pm's me their email I'll forward it on. I will post the mod with better pictures and possibly a better description when I get some time.

but it basically involves sewing a tab onto the lip at the bottom of the back looping through some shock cord, using the rest of the bag as anchor points and connecting the 2 ends with a cord lock.

Ben

Don Redondo

Forager
Jan 4, 2006
NW Wales
I picked up the black stealth 30L last week. Great piece of kit, and a slightly different material [taslan] makes it more able to deal with prickly stuff - a barbed wire fence in my case. OK - no window but I did'nt care for that anyway - just one more thing to go wrong. The matte black colour is less obtrusive than some of the more dayglo versions and the billboard effect is nicely muted.

The strap problem appears to be a thing of the past if mine is anything to go by. The webbing feels a little thin, but this is supposed to be lightweight and minimalist. The waist srap is just to stabilise things, not padded in anyway and is a nuisance if you are'nt using it, it's tempting to add a padded belt, if I can find someone who makes such a thing.

Overall for 22 squid it's a steal, and will probably live in my canoe for the foreseable future.

Alex Roddie

May 23, 2008
Norwich
They're brilliant--I would happily recommend them to anyone.

The only minor disadvantage is that the straps are somewhat 'slick' and require adjustment when walking with it as a backpack. However there are tricks to get around this, such as re-threading the ends of the straps through the buckles.

Buy one! In fact all of Alpkit's gear is excellent, particularly the titanium cooking and eating gear.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE