Allotment and stuff!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
e3e9emy6.jpg
sorry that's the pic I meant to put up

tommy the cat

Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Ok I'm thinking of planting grass or something between my raised beds to keep the weeds down. I've got carpet down now but it looks carp and I still get weeds up the edges...
Any ideas?
Clover? Or a green manure I can mow or grass???
Any thoughts peeps?
Dave

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I make paths from a thick layer of chipped wood which most tree surgeons will give you free. It breaks down slowly enriching the soil.

tommy the cat

Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Can get it free Hugh from my tree surgeon mate.... I thought yours were grassed?
Was just wondering about something like clover which could be cut and used for compost?
Chippings would be easy though d

tommy the cat

Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
ehu6yhe4.jpg

Made a quick rough and reay cold frame up today.... plants getting leggy in the house!!
agy4e9et.jpg

Trying to warm up the soil for the spuds..
u9eme8a2.jpg

Over winter onions look a bit straggly
nu3ajy2e.jpg

Wizard beans looking better... only did a few this time as H not that keen on them ( more for me I love them!!)
uvu6uve2.jpg

Finally knocked up a bit if support for the rasberries.
ugy7y8an.jpg

Something bled in my Perspex????!!!😳
What have you been up to in your plot???
D

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Our over wintered onions, garlic and shallots are going off great guns. My first earlies have broken the surface and nearly all the rhubarb (30 crowns of multiple varieties) is up - first early ready for picking.

I have just cut in and built two new strawberry beds at 100 sq ft each. I've manured them heavily but I'm struggling to get a good planting tilth reduced yet -it still a bit wet - lots or rotovator work in the coming weeks. I have three new bean varieties to try this year which should be interesting.

tommy the cat

Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Good stuff !! Should have my spuds in really they're chitted but soils prefer cold here.... I'm hoping to them in sunday. Strawberries look quite good got them under glass to see how they go. Mini sweetcorn in the cold frames with peppers ,toms, sweet peas ,cucumber capsicum and lettuce.Apple trees pretty bare of blossom but it was heavily pruned so not expecting much.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE