Allan Blade Bushcrafter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
Bushcrafter by Allan Blade, unused and unsharpened.
Beautiful Maple handle with mosaic pins, Allan's brilliant kydex sheath (with removable firesteel holder and belt loop)
The blade is 4", features Allan's field finish and has a mortised tang
A brilliant knife and sadly no longer in production so it's would make a nice collectors piece or a great user.

SOLD

Pic's to follow tomorrow

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
DSC01338.jpg

DSC01340.jpg

sapper1

Feb 3, 2008
swansea
Very nice and a bargain price too.
I would if my wife would let me .She always asks "what do you need another one for?"
It's the same reason she needs a dozen pairs of shoes,but she doesn't see it as the same argument.

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
These are fantastic knives. I have to confess to having had two of Allan Blade's knives and regret selling them on to this day. A "complex" guy but undoubtedly a really gifted knifemaker.
Had I not just acquired a Skookum Bush Tool and have a custom blade from BB on the way, I'd be snapping this up.
Someone will be a happy chappy.

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
I think i have owned 7 of his knives and still have 3 that are keepers (scandi pakpal, field puukko and one of these bushcrafters).
He was indeed a "complex" individual and there as many that love him and his work as there are that would happily stick pins in his eye's but you have to admit that in his day he made some really good user knives.
I really regret not getting one of his combat bowies or nessmuks, both very different but very nice in their own ways.

NatG

Settler
Apr 4, 2007
Southend On Sea
i am extremely interested in this.

would you accept trades for a large classic micarta sebbie? or a knife by Toby in chechen burl and 12c27?

i REALLY REALLY want this one

mayfly

Life Member
May 25, 2005
Switzerland
Got this today, fabulous knife, thank you Lawrence :) I read all the stuff about Allan Blade at the time and will stay out of that, but he undeniably was/is a very talented knife maker I must say. Chris

mayfly

Life Member
May 25, 2005
Switzerland
Glad you got some links. I now have 2 of his knives and they are great as everyone says. I wish I'd been around early enough to pick up a few before it all went weird. On the look out for a PacPal at the moment. Chris

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
Glad it found a good home Chris, i know it's daft but i like them to go to someone who will appreciate them.
As you say he was a very talented maker and as far as user knives go his can cut it with any of the big name bushcraft knives.
Good health to enjoy it mate, (and get a Pakpal when you can , mine is one of my favourite knives).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE