All natural Swiss army backpack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Melchett

Jun 8, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
Hello all.

It just so happens I was given one of these curios on monday under the guise of WW1 German, which I knew it wasn't straight away.

Exactly the same as the one pictured apart from the broader portion of the shoulder straps are webbing on mine not leather as pictured.

Not got a clue what to do with it.

There is a company in the states reproducing WW1 German packs in fur if anyone is interested. Schipperfabrik.

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
Are the webbingstraps marked in any way? They still might be genuine.

On the German Ebay-page you can find several of the smaller packs, the square ones.

Melchett

Jun 8, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
Yes, the webbing looks genuine, no markings, and the pack is stamped 44. I've seen the same grade/type of webbing on other Swiss gear by doing a quick image search.

There are also a load of discussions about Swiss kit on here: http://theswissriflesdotcommessageb...ippers-Medals-and-Misc-Militaria#.Te-e3c38Eno

I realise this isn't a military kit site and I'm not really a Bushcraft sort of a guy. I am a gear spotter though, British, and serve in the military. Interesting topic anyway. There is a book on the market called Uniforms of the European Armies by a French Officer which was published before the First War and it has some nice comparisons. Don't have my copy to hand at present.

bayosal

Feb 14, 2012
California
I registered for this website just to say that I had this backpack for many years.I don't recall where I got it from,but I used it through my college days,and it made a great seat to use while hitchhiking.I Finally sold it at a yard sale about 3 years ago because I had to move to a much smaller place.I'm sure I nearly gave it away.

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
That's the small version and I believe that these are of German origin. Allthough the design does look very much like the Swiss one, I must say.
If interested, contact the seller and ask if there's a stamp in the leather.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE