Ale Stillage

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

OwenoWent

Feb 3, 2011
South West Wales
Hi guys

I've bought a firkin of ale for a party next weekend and out of 'wanting to do something syndrome', I am looking to craft a stillage rack for it.

Has anybody made one before? Any tips or pics that could guide me would be much appreciated!

cheers

Owen

TallTom

Forager
Mar 23, 2014
Surrey
Do you want it to be able to tilt?

If not I'd say it was fairly straight forward if you can find a nice piece of wood to get some planks from, or obviously you could use precut planks. I found a pic of a simple rack hope that it helps

apanyqab.jpg

I'm now think a rack made from logs would look pretty nice, and be easier.... and I'm one step closer to buying a cask of ale myself :)

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Easiest way is to put a square frame together. then use two wedges at the front to hold the barrel in place and one at the bag to tilt it up. I only tilt slightly when i tap and vent but if you think its all gonna go in one sitting it may be best to tilt it higher initially

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
A tilting stick is easy to make and will .i've you various degrees of tilt.

Sent using new fangled smoke signals

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE