Aldi's heads up.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Zingmo

Eardstapa
Jan 4, 2010
S. Staffs
I had a look at these in the shop yesterday. The heads are securely wrapped up in plastic so it was hard to see what they're like. The heads looked to be quite a thick wedge shape -maybe good as a spltter; not for carving.
Did anyone actually buy one?

Z

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
I just picked up 5 of their extremely lean venison leg steaks for to make some jerky with :thankyou:

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
Picked one up yesterday, looked it over, liked the weight but couldn't quite see the head shape. The handle appears hollow. Stuck it in my basket.

Bought some bread making flours. Put the axe back on the shelf.

greencloud

Forager
Oct 10, 2015
Newcastle
They had some canny stuff in cheap last Sunday. I picked up a leather / fabric punch set and some forstner bits (about 6 sizes in each set) for 3 quid a set. They had plug / dowel cutting drills and those reamer / sheet cutter drill bits for the same.

I find most of their gear is sufficient for my needs and at that price you cant go far wrong!

Seen the axes too, but I was also put off my the obtuse plastic mask packaging - though I have a cheapo wickes hatchet thats begging for a facelift anyway...

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
I did see them on my last visit, looked like a unbranded Gerber/Fiskar hatchet.
Might be worth a punt, if nothing else you could cut the handle off and have a go at making an adze.

cbrdave

Dec 2, 2011
South East Kent.
If I can get into my local Aldi (for some reason its seriously busy lately and I couldn't park), I'll buy one and see how good it is, don't mind getting one at that price, I don't do serious stuff with them but will give it a test or two and see how it fairs.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE