Aldi Bench Grinder

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
Just seen these come back into Aldi for £30. Can anyone let me know if you have one and if its worth getting?

attachment.php

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/thur-15-oct/product-detail/ps/p/bench-grinder-assortment/

Cheers T.

Attachments

• W42_PD_Thursday_New_UK41_8e83deb82a.jpg
    W42_PD_Thursday_New_UK41_8e83deb82a.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I have one. Very handy indeed. Hobbyist machine.

You can also modify it , without too much difficulty, [as someone did on this site, and posted an in depth thread] by adding buffing wheels on one side.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
The motor isn't hugely powerful, but its fine for the money. Too much pressure on the belt sander will stop it

greencloud

Forager
Oct 10, 2015
Newcastle
I have one and really like it. It is low on power, but if you don't have a belt sander (like I didn't) its still very useful and very cheap compared to all alternatives.

Glad I seen the thread as I can stock up on belts if they have the spares packs in!!

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I was passing a Lidl shop today and they have what looks to be pretty much the same machine, although badged up as "Parkside". I bought one for the thirty squid and have been having a play with it. I can't really fault it for the money, at 240 watts the motor is fine for small and delicate stuff and there seems to be a decent selection of belts to be had in this size, saw one @ 360 grit on the 'net, that's the kind of work I'll be using this for.

I'm going to fit a polishing wheel where the grinder is now. I see this as the cheapo Dremel of the grinding/sanding world and it'll fill a gap very nicely for me :)

Herbalist1

Settler
Jun 24, 2011
North Yorks
I got one when they had them a while ago. Good for the price and for the occasional job which is what I needed. I guess you get what you pay for and if you're going to put it to some serious use may be worth paying more for a better quality machine. But this suits me for my current needs and is certainly value for money.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE