Aldi Waterproof / Shockproof Camera Headsup.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
Next Thursday, Aldi are selling cameras that are waterproof, shockproof and freezeproof for £130. They look remarkably similar to my Olympus 1030, apart from the fact that my camera has 10 Mega pixels compared to the Aldi camera's 8, but the Aldi camera is £100 pounds less than the Olympus. How important are those 2 Mega pixels to you?

Cheers, Michael.

Considering the lenses on both won't be the best - I expect those 2MP fewer probably aren't worth much anyway... in fact, fewer MP might actually work better in some ways. More and more MP on a sensor about the size of a thumbnail eventually starts to be a bad thing).

You could have 100MP - but even with a fancy-pants professional grade lens from Canon or Nikon about 80% of those megapixels are going to be wasted as the lens can't resolve that level of detail.

I'd have a look if I had £130 burning a hole, I'm in need of a new compact digi at the moment and something that can take a bit of abuse is always a good thing. It's not burning a hole though unfortunately. :(

I had a great buy in Aldi today though.
Got the computer accessory kit just for the keypad that came with it. It's already been a great help with my work so money well spent.
Gotta love Aldi! :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE