Aldi heads up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
Got both:eek:

The pots are good but i agreee with Rik, the gripper is rubbish. Had a set for about 3 years now. Dry bag is good also but the colours are a tad loud.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
not according to the site, but still, they're non stick and that can't be bad.
i reckon it'll go nice with my hobo stove

gregs656

Nov 14, 2009
West Sussex
Yeah, I do like the look of those pots.
Do they have lids?

Use the frying pan.

The hobo knife is tempting for £2! Dry bags are right up my boulevard, just been thinking about them. Might have to send my brother in on monday, it's a trek to my nearest one but just down the road from his college.

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
The dry bags are excellent I have 2 and have not let me down over the past 4 years worth of canoeing and about a third of the price of Ortilieb .

D:lmao::lmao:

Jakata

Dec 16, 2009
Northampton
Got a set of those pans last year and I can only agree, the handle is indeed crap. We were having a slap up breakfast on our first morning last year, did some scrabbled egg in the pan and tried to pick it up. Eggs went everywhere. The pans are great though for the price.

Last edited:

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
I agree with the above, Dry bag is spot on and I have had my pot set for a year, still going strong - the gripper needs replacing with a proper one.:)

dirty ben

Forager
Dec 24, 2009
somerset
A word of warning about the pan set,i bought the same set about 3-4 years ago,whilst boiling some veg in the larger pot my wife lifted it up with the pot gripper only to find it completely lose rigidity around the pot gripper,thus spilling boiling water over our groundsheet narrowly missing her feet,for about a minute after the incident the pot stayed pliable,the groundsheet duly shrank around the spillage almost to the point of tearing,we did notify aldi about this via post,to there credit they sent us a credit note with ther apologies,i hate to think what would have happened if a child was nearby when our incident occured,it also could have been a faulty pan set,either way we don't use the remaining pan

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
A word of warning about the pan set,i bought the same set about 3-4 years ago,whilst boiling some veg in the larger pot my wife lifted it up with the pot gripper only to find it completely lose rigidity around the pot gripper,thus spilling boiling water over our groundsheet narrowly missing her feet,for about a minute after the incident the pot stayed pliable,the groundsheet duly shrank around the spillage almost to the point of tearing,we did notify aldi about this via post,to there credit they sent us a credit note with ther apologies,i hate to think what would have happened if a child was nearby when our incident occured,it also could have been a faulty pan set,either way we don't use the remaining pan

Thanks for that, although I did say they were crap in the original post.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE