Aldi Camera trap

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I got me a camera trap from Aldi and now the wildlife in my garden is not safe from film!
031.jpg
035.jpg
033.jpg
I have yet to set the datestamp.....

ocean1975

Jan 10, 2009
rochester, kent
I have mine set up,I put it up a tree yesterday morning in some local woods,I hope it's still there when I collect it after work tonight.Hopefully with some good shots on it :)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I have used the camera trap over several nights now - but see no "red glow" so I think it is passive - have set the date and time stamp and worked out a rough time that brock visits.
Last night I sat up in our bathroom and waited ... lots of snuffly eating noises from behind the tree (baited with peanuts) then - out walks Brock!
My first successful badger watching live event and from the comfort of my own bathroom!
I also found that Brock is not bothered by lights and he went about his business quite happily even when I shone the torch on him for a better view :)
My wife and I watched him for a few minutes as he searched the garden for food (spending time under each bird-feeder...) then left him to it :)

Turnstone

Nomad
Apr 9, 2013
Germany
Aldi in Germany had them too a while ago. We wanted to buy one, but they were sold out within an hour or so, nothing left in the afternoon, and we checked 3 different Aldi stores :(

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Went into my local Aldi today but they're long gone. Maplin sell a similar camera at the same price (think the Aldi one is made by Maginon or possibly Tevion WK-1)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE