Alcohol stoves

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Hi,

I’m not sure who posted this link, http://www.minibulldesign.com/, but I had a go at building their stoves last night. Great fun and so easy and what’s more they work. Why are Trangia burners so expensive?

As yet I haven’t managed to get one to continue to burn with a pan sealing the top, like minibull’s do, but then I don’t think a Trangia will do that. I did make a little pot stand out of a bean can that the burner sits in and boiled a Trangia kettle full of water in about 5 min.

Have a go, it’s brilliant.

PS you don’t need the external tape that they use as the cans seem to shrink a little when they get hot and seal themselves.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Andy Brierley,
Wow what a great link, No amount of written information can convey just how easy the guy on the video clip makes it look. This, I will have to try.

ATB

Ogri the trog

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
I urge everyone to have a go; I’m having so much fun with these cute little things. They are so quick and easy to make but little changes in the design make a big difference. I’ve made three so far one tiny one out of those mini cans you get on aeroplanes and two normal ones. One works well, one not so good and one brilliantly. I’ve learnt a lot, but “Tinny” the guy who makes them in the US has been really helpful and given me lots of tips via email.

Watch your eyebrows!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE