Alcohol stove/twig burner combination

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Suffolkrafter

Settler
Dec 25, 2019
Suffolk
Thought I'd share this. Seems like a neat design. I was going to try making a caldera cone but think I might give this a go instead.

Reactions: Wandjina

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Just a word of warning, when I tried running a meths burner in an IKEA hobo stove the whole lot was glowing red by the time the fuel ran out. I think there's a photo of it somewhere on here, it was at a meet in Derbyshire, I believe at Shining Cliff (Ambergate) but it might have been at the Scout site north of Ashbourne. Can't even remember which decade it was. The modified tin can reminds me of the SAT:

Suffolkrafter

Settler
Dec 25, 2019
Suffolk
Just a word of warning, when I tried running a meths burner in an IKEA hobo stove the whole lot was glowing red by the time the fuel ran out. I think there's a photo of it somewhere on here, it was at a meet in Derbyshire, I believe at Shining Cliff (Ambergate) but it might have been at the Scout site north of Ashbourne. Can't even remember which decade it was. The modified tin can reminds me of the SAT:

Yes, it looks in principle similar to the swiss army trangia. The issues I've had with these sorts of setups have been overheating of the meths resulting in huge flames. I'll see how it goes! I can't look at a tin can without reimagining it as some sort of stove these days.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE