Alcohol stove fuel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Rory I found it it's forgive my spelling Hasienda fuel
yde8e5a6.jpg

Sent from somewhere?

rorymax

Settler
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Went to B&Q this morn, sure enough they only had 2 litre bottles at £5.00, mercenary lot :)

I can wait and see if the 4 litre offer returns.

I have enough gas to keep my gas stove going this year anyway.

Appreciate the information folks, now I know what to look out for.

Incidentally, the assistant I asked for help to locate the product, nicely said to me "hello, how are you?, how can I help you?" (or words to that effect).

I replied " I am very well thank you, how are you?".

This is where I was surprised, he said "I have been working here for 12 years, you are the first person who has asked me "how are you?, you are the most polite person I have ever met in this store".

I really did not know what to say, was this chap so unlucky that in all that time he did not encounter a customer inquire as to his well being, or is that the norm in some places.

I find Scottish people in general, polite. I left feeling awkward and embarrassed, I felt like apologising that he been treated that way, but did not know how to say it without making him feel more hurt; dear god did it make me feel uncomfortable.

Sorry for relating this to you folks, I just found it a little disturbing overall.

I'm going to make a point of asking store employees "how are you" from now on, just in case they feel, shall we say, 'used'.

Regards,
rorymax

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE