alcohol hand cleanser

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

deeps

Forager
Dec 19, 2007
Monmouthshire
I have a mini bottle of alcohol hand cleanser gel in my bag (Tescos @ £1.50) just in case I need to clean up after handling something stinking. Mucking about yesterday found a blob of it lights easily from a firesteel spark. Not surprising really just I hadn't thought of it before. Not as good as Greenheat but might help get things going if you are stuck.

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
:)Hi Deeps, just make sure you don't get to close to the fire when using it on your hands.

I think it contains Isopropyl alchohol.

I had several litres of the stuff a while back, will have to see if I still have a few bags left.

Spikey DaPikey

Feb 8, 2006
North West, near the land of the Pies
The liquid which turns to foam when dispensed burns even better. I think it might be a higher percentage of alcohol.

And i got some of that from my local £1 store, and yes, it was £1 before you lot start :rolleyes:

dettol_refreshing_hand_foam_10966.jpg

Last edited:

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
The little alcohol prep pads work fine too, and come in their own sealed pack which prevents them from drying out.

P03-0125003-8000bg.jpg

Jhenry

Feb 2, 2009
Ozarks
I always keep a small sqeeze bottle of liquid hand sanitizer in my bag. The bottles can become brittle after awhile, so I wrap a few lengths of good duct tape around it. Duct tape of course can serve multiple functions, and in this case it also protects the integrity of the bottle. This combination can clean hands, start fires, disinfect small wounds, patch tents, clothes, packs, or shoes, as well as bind cuts. A fair amount of utility for a dollar or two.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I heard that people steal it from hospital corridors to drink!

The unit my wife ran at one time had problems with some patients squirting the alcohol wipe into empty crisp packets and sniffing the fumes. The big tubs were removed and staff issued individual small bottles to carry with them.

The little medi wipes do in fact dry out over time, maybe a couple of years so if you are prepping your best off relying on bottles of alcohol.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE