Alan wood/Ray mears woodlore knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Perrari

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 21, 2012
Eryri (Snowdonia)
www.erknives.com
Tommy I apologise ! I have looked on the Alan Wood site, and yes I was wrong, they do come with a slightly hollow grind,(or at least his early knives did, and he is still basically producing the same knife) It's just that it looks different to any other Ray Mears/Alan Wood I have seen, even Ray's own knife has a flat grind when he sharpens it on his TV programmes.

Samon, the reason I thought it had been on a bench grinder is that it looks like a scandi grind that has been on a grinder,even the 'plunge' cut at the handle end is much more curved than others I have seen, Suggesting a worn grinding wheel with rounded edges, But now I know its a hollow grind that has been on flat stones that will explain the shape as well.

Anyway, as Johnboy said 'Its up to a potential buyer to make a call on if the item is ok for them or a fair price' so I was probably wrong to question & comment on it in the first place.

Please accept my apologies.

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
Both my woodlore's look like that after a sharpen.

Same here, there is nothing wrong with the knife, if you read Alan Woods information about this on his webpage tommy19 may be able to sell a superb knife designed for using in the woods and not for admiring in a drawer and polishing once a year.

Bluebs4

Aug 12, 2011
Bristol
That's a tidy effort compared to what if done on mine , in fact I'm glad this thread come up ,hand made knife sharpened by hand :) ,nice knife .

Totumpole

Native
Jan 16, 2011
Cairns, Australia
Knife arrived today. Absolutely stunning piece of craftsmanship! It's the cherry on the top of my collection and I can't wait to get out to the woods t o give it a go.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE