Alan Wood - Bushcrafter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
A few rabbits RB :yikes:

That looks a great knife and you are going to have to stop posting pics of your rapid 7 or I'm going to get ideas and my wife will kill me. :wink:

Bill

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Hate to do it guys but there is bad news on the bushcrafter front. He is unable to make anymore bushcrafters as he has such a big list from woodlore. He doesnt know how long it will be. But it will be longer than for the woodlore.

He was really apologetic and he is doing his best, but he has got a hefty amount of work to do! So, not sure if you can order but if you can the wait will be long.

I am now looking into the bison bushcraft knife as a custom, anyone got any ideas on that one? I know Adi has.

Cheers,

Jake

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Why not get yourself over to BB and get one of the fine knife makers there to make you a custom? They are a very expierenced lot of folk over there, you will be able to disscuss your need in a knife and they will help with the design.

Just a thought?

:)
Ed

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Ed said:
Why not get yourself over to BB and get one of the fine knife makers there to make you a custom? They are a very expierenced lot of folk over there, you will be able to disscuss your need in a knife and they will help with the design.

Just a thought?

:)
Ed

Ah! I just spoke to roger and i am ordering a bison bushcraft, i checked my email and i just happened to read his first before i took a look at my BCUK alerts.
Hadn't thought of that. Good idea though. I think i'll be happy with the Bison, as i was looking for something as similiar to the woodlore as possible.

Cheers,

Jake

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
tenbears10 said:
I don't think Jake wants a years wait Martyn. Also Woodlore have stopped taking orders for alan wood ones again.

Bill
Well he could get another Micarta model, then with a bit of luck, it'll last him 12 months before he looses it and then his Alan Wood version will be ready. :eek:): :eek:): :eek:):

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Then i can order another Alan Wood as soon as i get my first one so when i lose it it is replaced immediatly. :shock: :wink:

Bills right. I would like to have a knife by winter! I am now thinking about the WS maple version as roger has a five month wait (sounds impatient i know). If i can get to the wilderness gathering i will be able to purchase it from him. I asked him if he would be able to send it t me but that may have been unfair to ask.

The problem is, i want a knife to arrive to me in perfect condition. The WS is machine made and it doesnt have the same care taken over it as a hand made one.

Martyn, you have every knife i am questioning. What shall i go for??????? (If you dont have the bison, just know that its a good knife)

Cheers,

Jake

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Dont you have a North Star on order?

If not, get one of those - then have a good long think about what custom you want, design it even and have someone make it for you. No matter if it takes 2 years to arrive then.

...or, get a WS micarta woodlore. Good knife, good design, rugged - bit overpriced though.

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
ARGHHH! MARTYN! ALL YOU DO IS GIVE ME MORE CHOICE! I DONT WANT MORE CHOICE! :lmao:

Hopefully i will be able to get the Woodland from Roger. and to be honest, im slightly scared of convex edges.

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Well, it's alright for some! Some of us have the problem of retail limits! :lol:

So here is my latest (but note...not final) descision, The Bison bushcraft woodland. Then the WS micarta/maple (undecided, awaiting response from rachel/Jane). I just dug up my Lapp Puuko, a great knife. I'm sure it will do mighty fine in the meanwhile.

Cheers,

Jake

The General

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 18, 2003
North Wales Llandudno
Forget the micarta or wood option, get a horn model :wink: :rolmao: Or a greased up stoat, about the same difficulty wise to get hold of! :nana:

As an aside I will have my Alan Wood in the next couple of days... Can't wait! :nana:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE