ajungilak sleeping bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tomcoles

Settler
Jul 21, 2013
Buckinghamshire
My father gave me his sleeping bag that he used whilst sailing on the britsh steel challlage yatch race. Is was used whilst in the sothern ocean.
Can anyone tell me of they have any experience or know of it's a decent bag??
rudy3y5a.jpg
3e3y7y5u.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
I've got the Kompakt, which is an excellent 3 season bag. IIRC the Tyin is a 4 season and used by the Dutch Marines on exercise up North.

Ajungilak is a good brand, and is now known as (due to a take over) Mammut.

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
Is it made in Norway? The Norwegian made ones are the best made apparently. You can find very little information on line for the these bags. All I can say after a lot of digging is that they are very well respected bags. I have two now both bought at car boot sales in clean condition and I would say they are at least on the same level as Snugpak military sleeping bags although as they are older they are a little bulkier.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Yup Ajungilak make excellent kit. From simple stuff to premium expedition grade stuff. Renowned for cutting edge synthetic bags. Going by the height shown it's either a 5 season or winter bag as the 3 season has a person height of 195 rather than 200cm. http://www.mammut.ch/en/productDetail/241001660_v_200/Tyin-EXP-5-Season.html Have a look here.

Taken over by Mammut a few years back, those bags have been to both poles and up some very high mountains. They probably chose the synthetics type bags for the challenge due to the fact at sea down doesn't perform too well.

Cracking piece of kit you have there.

GB.

Tomcoles

Settler
Jul 21, 2013
Buckinghamshire
Yup Ajungilak make excellent kit. From simple stuff to premium expedition grade stuff. Renowned for cutting edge synthetic bags. Going by the height shown it's either a 5 season or winter bag as the 3 season has a person height of 195 rather than 200cm. http://www.mammut.ch/en/productDetail/241001660_v_200/Tyin-EXP-5-Season.html Have a look here.

Taken over by Mammut a few years back, those bags have been to both poles and up some very high mountains. They probably chose the synthetics type bags for the challenge due to the fact at sea down doesn't perform too well.

Cracking piece of kit you have there.

GB.

Thankyou for the advice. I know my father brought the bag in 1991 but it's in very good condition.
He said it cost him £280 when he brought it. I will report back on it after my over nighter at the end of the month.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Thankyou for the advice. I know my father brought the bag in 1991 but it's in very good condition.
He said it cost him £280 when he brought it. I will report back on it after my over nighter at the end of the month.

Cool, it's a good 'un. Try not to store it in the little compression bag (as with any lofting material) as it can reduce the season rating. Store mine gently on top of a wardrobe.

Would be good to hear how you get on.

Tomcoles

Settler
Jul 21, 2013
Buckinghamshire
Thanks for the advice sadly my father has always kept it in its bag. Having said that when I removed it yesterday it lofted nicely so I think it's gonna be ok. It won't be stored in the bag from now on.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE