Airsofters, Advice Please.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

torc

Settler
Nov 23, 2005
left coast, ireland
After reading the Russian bdu thread, I got the idea that a few of you are airsofters. If so, I would appreciate a little advice please about a jacket from a company that supplies a lot of airsofting gear.
bex-smock-tan-220409-g.jpg

http://begadishop.com/catalog/produ...=2488&osCsid=7c9cd4935740fabb8b4eeb1ecec98b50
I'm looking for something like this jacket for travel and wanted to know how well made it was. Are the materials and standard of manufacture good, are the pockets and seams strong, what sort of reputation does Begadi have?
The specs. of this jacket are just what I need, lots of pockets inside and out, a hood and an inconspicuous, non-military colour. Due to my own faffing about I never had a chance to buy the SASS smock in tan when they were in stock.
Any info. would be a great help.
Happy trails...torc.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Don't know if i've ever heard of Begadi tbh european and with an impressive range of danish M84 pouches. i'll ask about on the forums and see if anyones heard of em torc and get back to you ;)

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Wow, quick search on arnies and there's some cracking reviews for the company.

Just a quick shout for http://www.begadishop.com/ (Germany)

I ordered some parts on the Tuesday and they arrived promptly in the UK just three days later. Communication was also prompt and efficient, advising me every step of the way. A tracking number (and a link to the tracking site) for the shipment was also provided without me having to ask.

One of the proprietors, Benjamin was courteous and pleasant and made the transaction all the more enjoyable.

Begadi will now be one of my first ports of call when I'm looking for gear!

Top-notch service. smile.gif
Begadi's service is great.
They don't have as much stuff as other shops, but when I pay with paypal in the morning I usually have it the next day.

can't find anything specific on the smock but:
I love them too. Fast&efficient, they sure live up to the German stereotype. Love their BE-X line of gear, which is very well made and not too costly.
Definitely recommend if you're based in Europe

the thread is litterally two pages of raves, commends about common sense being used (refunded half of a chaps order money as they only had half his order in stock apologised then said they'd let him know when it was in and sent a packet of haribo sweets with his order to boot) effeciency (they are german) and some cracking gear.

tbh I'd be quite happy buying that smock myself and pretty much anything else on there, i'm adding begadi to my retailers list as i type ;)

Last edited:

torc

Settler
Nov 23, 2005
left coast, ireland
Many thanks Melonfish for you great help, I really know nothing about airsofting believing that most of their kit was second rate knock off's (à la Webtex and Viper).
As a jacket to travel in, a hard wearing smock is ideal, loads of roomy external pockets for guide books and maps etc. and secure internal ones for passport, wallet and cards when not secreted directly on your person. If your rucksack gets nicked or mislaid or you have to dump it for whatever reason, you still have everything important with you.
The main problem with smocks is the military look. I've been travelling in cold, sandy places for my hol's for the last few years and it doesn't pay to look in any way martial or even noticeable for that matter.
I phoned SASS yesterday and they said that they'll not be receiving the tan Oxford cloth until at least the New Year. There seems to be some sort of problem at the manufacturers, their OD cloth will not be delivered for another 10 weeks.
The Begadi smock, perhaps with the Velcro, rank slide and arm pockets removed, will have to serve instead. I just hope a sleeve doesn't pop off or a pocket bursts. Thanks again Melonfish.
Happy trail...torc.

Last edited:

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
In the late 90's webtex and viper were unfortunatly all we could get, that and surplus, since then alot of manufacturors have sprung up and made some quality kit. there are some chinese knockoffs but what you find nowdays is that alot of the stores that cater for airsofters are also aiming at the military market so the kit has to stand up to some seriously hard knocks. the last thing you want is an angry squaddie knockin on your door.
i reckon with the rank tabs removed it should look just like a regular coat m8, hope its comfy for you ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE