Airsoft

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

hobbitboy

Forager
Jun 30, 2004
Erm... it's variable
Nought better than runnin round woodland shootin your mates :eek:):

Saying that tho, the millions of small plastic balls embedded in the mud was quite an odd sight. Wonder wot archaeologists will make of it in thousands of years??

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
My airsoft pistol is used instead of the ones that were banned a few years ago.
I've shot practical pistol for 17-18 years now.

I think they're great fun, as long as you don't take it too seriously.

Cheers

Mark

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
The group I was/am with does a particularly Mil-Sim (military simulation) type of airsofting, with an ongoing storyline for the events (very very loosley based on Stargate SG1) rather than just shoot-em-up events. I spent 3 years as part of the plot team for the events (who also doubled up as the enemy), and can tell people what it's like first hand to be shot in the (unhelmeted) head 50-100 times in the space of 20 seconds by a group of 8 players...

hobbitboy

Forager
Jun 30, 2004
Erm... it's variable
i can imagine that it wasnt a nice feeling......

I have a nasty habit of gettin shot in the face so i refuse to wear goggles, full facial protection is the way ahead. :eek:): :eek:): :eek:):

Douglas

Tenderfoot
Jun 14, 2004
Switzerland
Oh there's also airsofters around here, cool!

It's one of the most fun games IMHO, plus you're in the forest (or in artificial towns...prefer the forest though, it's got more possibilities). Plus most of the kit doubles as good bushcraft equipment: I always wear my Flecktarn trousers when out, my (flecktarn again) KHS boonie hat in the sun, the shirt when it's too cool for just the T-shirt etc. My interest in german kit also got me to find out about the german army sleeping mat and mess kit (that I both own), find cheap places to get the Esbit stoves and fuel (the surplus...), discover Carinthia sleeping bags etc. And the surefire type lamps we use are great bright and compact lights (as long as you don't use them too much...).

It's fun, I was thinking about posting something about airsoft to see what these people's view is about people running around the woods, stomping vegetation, scaring off the animals and showering the woods with plastic...

(By the way, Jack is also a well regarded retailer for airsofters, he even has his own little forum on UKAN :) [well, he does sell Arktis and Maxpedition kit ;-)])

hobbitboy

Forager
Jun 30, 2004
Erm... it's variable
Yeh, I found Jack's site from an airsoft forum, then this wonderful place from Jacks site :)

Not much for flecktarn if its what i think it is :?: (general german camo?) give me good old British DPM anyday (preferably 95pattern cos i cant sow buttons........) I hav a hankering to shoot small plastic balls at people now.......

Douglas

Tenderfoot
Jun 14, 2004
Switzerland
hobbitboy said:
Not much for flecktarn if its what i think it is :?: (general german camo?) give me good old British DPM anyday (preferably 95pattern cos i cant sow buttons........) I hav a hankering to shoot small plastic balls at people now.......
Yep, standard german, the spotty one, with german flags at the shoulder. The same thing goes for any military kit though, it's good "don't care about damaging" stuff, so good for hard use. (well that is what it was designed for :roll:)

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Daft question: What's airsoft? Is it an insider's name for paintball?

Paintballing has been good fun of the one or two occasions I've had a go but getting shot in the knackers most definitely is not. :yikes:

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
not quite. the principle is the same (running around shooting one another), but airsoft guns fire small BB pellets, and look far more realistic. The main difference in terms of play however is that it relys heavily on the honesty of the players to take their hits when they feel them - as there's no paint to make the hit.

hobbitboy

Forager
Jun 30, 2004
Erm... it's variable
Good way to ensure honesty either a)public scornings for cheats
or (which is much funnier) b) shootin em with a gas blowback Desert Eagle :eek:): back o' the head. Either they stop cheatin or they are more subtle about hits they dont call.....Dirty Reds......

hobbitboy

Forager
Jun 30, 2004
Erm... it's variable
hehe, npc's now theres a concept i hadn't thort of.....

Hostage missions are always a good way to garuntee you dont have friends at the end of the day....especially if u spend all your captured time either singing....or drumming on logs......
eventually they shot me in the back...... :cry:

MarkG

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 4, 2004
Wednesbury, West Mids
Can any of you tell me where I can get cheap airsoft guns from?

All of the one's I can find are around the £250 mark (that's the electric ones)

I'd prefer the electric but if they cost to much then I'll go back down to spring.

Anywhere for second hand ones?

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
£250, is the sort of cost you'd expect to pay for an AEG (Airsoft electric gun), depending on model for that money you might be able to get a spare battery and a couple of magazines as well, if you shop carefully.

I'm sure there are places that do second hand airsoft, I'll ask on a discussion group I'm on if you like.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE