Airgun swap

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 17, 2012
Surbiton, Surrey
Hi guys, just though I'd test the waters here.

I have a BSA superten bull barrel carbine in .177 with slip and 3L air bottle (in pristine condition but out of test).

I am looking to do a straight trade for a theoben evolution in any calibre for all of the above, I would also consider a BSA lightning with either something else to even up trade value or cash to do the same.

If anyone is interested drop me a pm and I can add some more details and pics etc...

All he best, Hamster

Feb 17, 2012
Surbiton, Surrey
Evening all,

Just thought I would give this a little bump also rather than starting another thread I wanted to see if there would be any interest in this as a sale rather than trade item.

Looking £200 for rifle, slip, 3L bottle and a few tins of pellets chucked in - over 18's only collection from either Surbiton, Surrey or Piccadilly, London.

All the best, Hamster

Feb 17, 2012
Surbiton, Surrey
Why the swap from a pre-charged to a springer, out of interest?

Hi itzal,

I'm looking to go back to a self contained rifle as I have some family and friends who want to start shooting and i want something simple and with some recoil for hem to learn with.

The superten is superb but more than my needs at the mo at I don't need two so hoping to fund/swap one with the other.

Cheers, Hamster

little_leaf177

Tenderfoot
Oct 24, 2011
Liverpeewwll
Bit of advice needs here please. I have a webley raider .22 single shot. Includes stirrup pump if anyone might want a swap please let us know. Pm me
Also any genral air rifle advice is more than welcome specially wen reblueing & finnishing a stock.
Regards
Leaf177

Itzal

Nomad
Mar 3, 2010
N Yorks
Just to put a cat amongst the pigeons bsa have just released a new version of the lightening with a gas ram instead of spring but it was the springer I was looking for! :)

If your ever within striking distance of North Yorks I would contemplate a swap. I bought mine years ago and it's hardly been used. Pre charged seems a better option on the hunting basis and for teaching kids due to the quieter report and less recoil.

Feb 17, 2012
Surbiton, Surrey
If your ever within striking distance of North Yorks I would contemplate a swap. I bought mine years ago and it's hardly been used. Pre charged seems a better option on the hunting basis and for teaching kids due to the quieter report and less recoil.

I think it's a bit of a double edged sword, I learnt to shoot with springers and .22 rimfires and have always felt learning to shoot with some recoil helps make you a better shooter (plus if I teach them to shoot with the pcp and they ever shoot anything else they won't know what to expect).

I agree the extra shots and quieter report makes for a better hunting tool but I've bagged my fair share with springers and unfortunately don't get out as much as I used to so reckon it will suit my needs for the odd hunting trip and as a training tool.

Hamster

Itzal

Nomad
Mar 3, 2010
N Yorks
I think it's a bit of a double edged sword, I learnt to shoot with springers and .22 rimfires and have always felt learning to shoot with some recoil helps make you a better shooter (plus if I teach them to shoot with the pcp and they ever shoot anything else they won't know what to expect).

I agree the extra shots and quieter report makes for a better hunting tool but I've bagged my fair share with springers and unfortunately don't get out as much as I used to so reckon it will suit my needs for the odd hunting trip and as a training tool.

Hamster

All good points, I would consider it as I say but I'm a bit far north, which is a shame, would be good to teach the little lad shooting.

Lupin Rider

Mar 15, 2009
uk
I am very interested, but at the moment can not pm as im in the sin bin for a few more days.

havent had an airrifle for about thirty years so some re-newby questions...

how many shots do you get on a fill? Has it recently been tested and shown to be legal without a fac? Which version is it mk3/4?

what about a scope/silencer? How many charges do you get from the 3L bottle?

can you pump the bottle up with a suitable pump?

Lastly can you post a pic?

I can receive pm's so if youve an email addy?

thanks

Feb 17, 2012
Surbiton, Surrey
I am very interested, but at the moment can not pm as im in the sin bin for a few more days.

havent had an airrifle for about thirty years so some re-newby questions...

how many shots do you get on a fill? Has it recently been tested and shown to be legal without a fac? Which version is it mk3/4?

what about a scope/silencer? How many charges do you get from the 3L bottle?

can you pump the bottle up with a suitable pump?

Lastly can you post a pic?

I can receive pm's so if youve an email addy?

thanks

Hi lupin,

I have had around 100-120 full power shots on a fill, I haven't chrono'd it since the summer but was coming in just under legal limit with about 5 different types of pellets.
I will be honest I'm not sure which model it is, I tried a google search but it came back with too many variations though I bought it new about 4 years ago.
It has the integrated bull barrel silencer but I am keeping the scope to go onto my new rifle.
I would guess you could get 5 maybe 6 full charged out of the 3L bottle however I topped the buddy bottle up regularly so couldn't say for sure.
You can charge the buddy bottle with a stirrup pump but its hard work, for me anyway! :)

Will try to get a pic up later this evening.

Just a quick update to all I have someone coming to take a look at the rifle for a possible trade/sale tomorrow following a pm here - still yet to be decided but will update as soon as I know.

Cheers, Hamster

Lupin Rider

Mar 15, 2009
uk
Hi lupin ...

...Will try to get a pic up later this evening.

Just a quick update to all I have someone coming to take a look at the rifle for a possible trade/sale tomorrow following a pm here - still yet to be decided but will update as soon as I know.

Cheers, Hamster
Okay thanks, good luck tomorrow.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE