Air rifle project

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi,
I was given an old air rifle by a work mate at the start of the winter and thought little project for the dark nights. Well i just get around to playing with it and found out that it is a Relum telly 200. This is the gun took a part

photo0101dg.jpg

photo0103w.jpg

Next job is to put the metal parts on a wire wheel to remove the rust and clean up the piston. I have order 2 new springs for it.

Cheers
Topknot

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Should be a fun project, I did a mod job on an old BSA Airsporter which I was a young un

Look forward to seeing the finished job

welchyd1

Jan 4, 2011
Wirral, Merseyside
Should be a fun project, I did a mod job on an old BSA Airsporter which I was a young un

Look forward to seeing the finished job

Looks great bud thatll be cracker when it's done. Doesn't look in too bad shape as it is. What mod did you do Rich? I've got a 1959 Airsporter here in a bad way.

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
Have you thought about painting the stock in some sort of camo??

I am just buying a kit for mine to Dip it!!

They look really good.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Looks great bud thatll be cracker when it's done. Doesn't look in too bad shape as it is. What mod did you do Rich? I've got a 1959 Airsporter here in a bad way.

Mine was rusty as chuff having spent most it's life in a damp shed. I rubbed down the stock then stained and oiled it, cleaned up all the metalwork and had it reblued and greased at a local gun shop. I lent the rifle to a mate one day and he managed to snap the aluminium thumb piece on the tap loader, I never found a replacement so ended up buying a Goldstar.

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I seem to remember hat a favoured improvement to the Telly was to ditch the double springs and fit a bsa meteor spring & modified guide instead.

A visit to airgun BBS might pay dividends.

Dave

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
I have put the metal parts on the wire wheel and removed the rust and old bluing. The next little job i did was to remove all the little burrs from the metal and give the pistol a polish.

photo0151by.jpg

The new spring's was in the post today , the old and new put together.

photo0150wz.jpg

Next little job is to polish the spring's

Cheers
Topknot

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
I just finished put the rifle back together last night and run out of time to put some pellets down it. So this morning i had a little play with it, will have to put the sights right on it . Next i'm going to take the gun up to a mate house and see what the power output is on it.

dsc00518zj.jpg

dsc00517hl.jpg

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Looking good.....what have you finished the stock with?

goodjob

I dyed the stock with two coats of brown water based leather dye and then finish with an oil sealer.
The other night i took the gun up my mates house and we set up a bit of wood at 25 yards. We used the same pellets in his gun and mine, the pellets from my gun stuck in and his bounced off. This might be due to the gun dieseling from the leather seal on the piston which i soak in oil.

Thanks guy's for the comments

Cheers
Topknot

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE