Air Rifle Advice

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I own an immaculate .22 'Original 45' which has not been fired for about 11 years. It is currently sitting in its case but I'm thinking about using it again.

Might be a long shot, but can anyone help with what kind of service it will need after this time of inactivity?

Also, presumably you need insurance nowadays to use it on farmer's land? (With permission, of course).

Many thanks.

Aug 4, 2003
Hatfield, Herts
B' Hell, I ain't seen 1 of them in years, unfortunatly your location doesn't give alot away, so I can't give you yor nearest dealer. Your almost certainly looking at a new spring, crown, a good lube and poss tuning, and thats if you can get the parts.

Yoy may want to consider buying a newer 1, in which case I can't recomend these guys, www.airgunbuyer.com and you may want to read, www.airgunbbs.com.

HTH
Simon

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Duncan,

I'd try just taking it out and putting a few hundred shots through it to see how it performs. I've just been thru a similar exercise with a 2o year old FWB Sport. All it needed was a new spring, I got a "Titan" from John Nibbs which performs very well.

As others have said tha airgun mags have details of insurance schemes.

The biggest change you'll probably notice in airgunning will be the quality (and price!) od pellets! In my old rifle I've halved group sizes with the newer pellets.

Dave

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
hi duncan i;m still using a 15 year old theoben he and al i have done is have the barrel lopded and rechocked an i also got 10 year old air arms tm 100 both doing well with very little up keep

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
for small fee most gun shops will chrono your rifle to see power output and how consistent it is by seeing the fps spread.if its all well and under the legal limit of 12ftlbs. then enjoy there are endless tuning tweeks you can do to a springer one being to reduce recoil the most beneficial. since you last used the rifle there are so many new and higher quality pellets out there.try as many as you can afford or scrounge to find the best pellet barrel match. i personally use basc for insurance as they support field sports as a whole with 5 million pound 3rd liability cover.armed access is serious,serious enough to come with a jail term and fine.so permmision to shoot is priority. even a stray pellet crossing a boundery fence could be seen as such.also as of april last year your air rifle has to be inaccessible to anyone under 18 years of age.so a gun cabinet or a locked room preferably ammo stored elsewhere.airgun bbs is a great resource and a good bunch of helpful members.fast moving forum with a good sales section.
apart from that enjoy,its addictive.
ade

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE