advice please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
K

kanefer

Hi guys,

recently bought myself a snugpack bergan and I am led to believe that I can get a spare harness and turn the rocket packs into a day sack - anyone know where I can get one of these harness's?

The ruck sack was from here http://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/military/index.htm (click on webbing and bergans then non issue snugpac and is right at the bottom)

ta

Stu

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
I confess that this has always confused me.

I have a PLCE yoke and a pair of PLCE type side pockets for my Sabre 45 but although I get the yoke so I can wear the PLCE pocket the fittings mean that the mesh part of the yoke is no attached at the bottom.

can anyone explain a way of fitting it together?

Thanks

K

kanefer

I must confess that apart from a shopping trip to croydon it hasn't been used as yet.

Its bloomin massive and rides a little high on the back. The only reason i bought it is I am off to new zealand in a few months and my old pack is falling to pieces.

Is the yoke available from sofmilitary.co.uk going to be compatible with these packs? Its about 10 quid cheaper than the suggestion above but may not be compatible

I will definately let you guys have my opinions of the pack once I've used it 'in the field'

Stu

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
Thanks for the reply and please do post a review when you get back and not just of the pack but of your trip.

I tried a rocketpack for the first on Saturday and seemed very comfortable and compact. But I want to go back and try it with a bit of weight in it before I buy to be sure it still is comfy.

James

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
Umm... the Snugpak harness is right underneath it on the SOF website...

From what I have discovered there seems to be a dedicated PLCE yoke for use as a back pack which comes with a sort of belt, and a dedicated yoke for use with webbing, but as far as i can work out, you can't use one for both tasks, which is a bit pants if you ask me. If anyone knows different please say as I want one too. I'm prob going to get the snugpak yoke just for the pockets as it has clips instead of straps for attachment.

I have a rocket pak (and a hat with a propeller on it. Now all I need are rocket boots and I'm off!!) and it is a great pack. It seems much bigger than 40litres without the pockets. In fact, I've never needed to actually use the pockets yet, so they stay off. If you have a long back like moi, then it does ride high, as it is designed to be worn above webbing, but this isn't really a problem. I do get a bit sweaty at the bottom, and would appreciate and extra lump of padding there to be honest, but that's the only complaint. A quality bit of kit.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
it's a little hard to explain butif you're going to the july meet in wales i can show you.
but anyway i'll try.
you should have two pouches, a yoke and two connector straps.
zip the two halves together, connect the four fastex clips at the top (two on each shoulder).
at the base of the yoke are two fastex clips, connect these to the inner pair of clips on the pouches then feed the belt through the loops sewn on the back of the pouches.
you should be left with four female fastex clips. two on the straps and two on the outer edges of the pouches. attach the connector straps with the non adjustable ends on the pouch clips.
hope this helps
you can wear a single pouch with the webbing yoke, you connect the paired male and female clips at the top of a pouch to the loops on the shoulders and wrap the strap at the bottom aroundthe hip belt for stability.
as i said it's easier to demonstrate than explain.

K

kanefer

I'm sure the trip won't be very interesting on a bushcraft level - If I'm lucky I will get in some skiing - at the very least some apres ski if you follow my drift.

A friend of mine who emigrated over there a couple of years ago has just had a kid. Got to go over and wet the munchkins head basically

Though if I manage to plan my life properly I might get in some tramping around lake taupo

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE