Adjusting Tarp/Tent Pole

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Oct 30, 2012
Eseex
A walking pole wont be long enough. I'd need two and a connector. As I don't currently own any walking poles I'd like to get the pole in the link......

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Don't waste your money. Walking pole and a length of ali tube, or go heath robinson like me and have a 7" bit of pine hollowed to take the point of a walking pole. Weighs around 60g.

Mandos

Nomad
Jan 23, 2013
Downham market
i cant see how buying the basha poles are a waste of money tbh ive had them and they have been great ...
Don't waste your money. Walking pole and a length of ali tube, or go heath robinson like me and have a 7" bit of pine hollowed to take the point of a walking pole. Weighs around 60g.

tiger stacker

Native
Dec 30, 2009
Glasgow
Basha poles need to be strong, hence their weight. I used a Walking stick as the middle with cord at the front sides tied to stones. small pole at the back kept the basha elevated but the wind meant it kept popping out. Even my bergen fell over with the west atlantic wind.
Moral of the story spare lengths of pole kept just in case.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
http://www.backpackinglight.co.uk/shelter-accessories/YA102.html

It is available in 14mm version too. Think it's used to connect two trekking poles to make it 2 poles high and a bit more. So assuming normal poles that's probably about 270cm or more adjustable to get say 145cm. If you need less use 1 pole.
Can pick up pairs of poles for £15 or even less. Or a pair of fizan compacts weighing very little if you're a weight weanie.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE