Adam from JLT Knives

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Kepis, don't you know his address? I'd be right there if I was very concerned, by the way, I'm in total agreement with yer. ;)

Yep, i know his address, but he is in Linconshire and im in Sussex, bit of a haul really just on the off chance he might be around

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I've been down a number of times to his workshop over the last few months, & have not seen him since i think May, he's just not been about.

Rob

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Just out of interest have you chaps asked over on British blades for help or at least if some one who knows him would be able to shed a little light, his user name is Jus_like_that.

Dazza76

Jun 28, 2011
South Wales
Just out of interest have you chaps asked over on British blades for help or at least if some one who knows him would be able to shed a little light, his user name is Jus_like_that.

Yep, no-one's heard from him there either. So, Rob has said that others around his work space have seen him around so it seems he's safe at least (very glad to hear it). Now I want to know where the hell my order is.

Last edited:

stan794

Nov 16, 2007
Corby
Sorry to hear your having bother. I had the same last year, i eventually got the knife so hopefully you will also get yours. His customer service leaves a lot to be desired, it was excuse after excuse even putting the delay on the guy supplying the sheaths, said i would never use again and your story confirms this, good luck anyway mate.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
See this post

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76686&p=961279#post961279

for an example seven day letter. You'll need to adapt it to suit this case. It's not hard. Post your draft if you like, or PM me so I can give it a once over.

It's the only way I think you're going to get anywhere.

If you have to take him to Court it's just a matter of filling in some forms, sending whatever documents you have (including a copy of the seven day letter) with your statement of claim (that's the form) and paying a fee. The fee gets added to the money he owes you so he has to pay that too. You can also ask for interest under the County Courts act. The Court has a booklet explaining it all.

In view of the unreasonable delays you're entitled to cancel the order and get a full refund plus the costs if you have to pay the Court's fee. If it gets that far, usually the plonker (sorry, the defendant) pays just the original amount and not the costs. We generally continue to pursue them for the costs too, to teach them a lesson.

My guess is he'll refund your money if you send a seven day letter, he won't want to get a letter from the County Court.

This is not legal advice.

Dazza76

Jun 28, 2011
South Wales
I don't have his home address (or work one for that matter). I've not long come back from holiday so had this out of my mind. Now I'm back I'd like to follow it up but without his residential address there little I can do.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE