Account Issue - Deleted?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nomad

Nomad - Maker & FM
Dec 18, 2012
Scotland
This is being posted from a temporary account.

Been trying to log in since earlier this afternoon, but both email and user name aren't recognised. If I try to do a password reset, it says I haven't completed the captcha correctly. If I look at one of my recent posts, it no longer has the usual info next to my user name, but just has "Guest"...

https://bushcraftuk.com/community/i...ieval-fayre-this-weekend-25-26-may-19.152608/

What has happened, and can it be reinstated?

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
That’s odd. As Guest you have no profile to look at. I don’t think I’ve seen anyone labelled Guest. And this is just confusing, the guy above is a Nomad :D

EA16500-B-9-C29-4-C3-D-AD41-21284-AC2-E5-EA.png

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I reported the issue yesterday, but I don't think Admin has had time to look at it yet.
Hopefully one will sort it out asap.

M

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I looked into this last night and it's all my fault :27::banghead2: Somehow I have deleted the account and there's no restoration so we have to rebuild it as best we can, I've been in touch with Nomad and he knows what's going on.

Nomad

Nomad - Maker & FM
Dec 18, 2012
Scotland
My account has been upgraded to Maker, but it doesn't show in the little info panel next to my posts - it still shows the "Nomad" label which I believe is related to post count.

Currently, I have subscriptions for both Full Member and Maker, presumably because the upgrade was done manually and part-way through the subscription period. Would that cause the Maker indication to not appear? If so, would unsubscribing from the normal Full Member subscription cause the proper Maker indication to appear?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
The Moot begins this weekend, and the Boss is most likely up to his eyeballs in organising, packing his family, etc., I've reported it Nice65, but I doubt it'll be a speedy resolve unless one of the Admins is having a read through the reports.

M

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
The Moot begins this weekend, and the Boss is most likely up to his eyeballs in organising, packing his family, etc., I've reported it Nice65, but I doubt it'll be a speedy resolve unless one of the Admins is having a read through the reports.

M

Like I say, no worries Toddy, I’m not bothered. I’m well aware of the Moot malarkey. I’ve sent John Fenna a good chunk of homemade biltong and instructed him to pass a chunk Tonys way.

Whether he will or not I can’t say. :D

I’d imagine the forum reboot must have been a near coronary moment in its timing, the bloke needs a rest. :) Reboots always leave a few gaps and lost posts, but in this case it was done really clean, hence my wanting to say cheers.

Reactions: Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:D I'm pretty sure that if Tony gets that then it'll be much appreciated :cool:

He was having a very bad day the other day. Not very happy with himself I reckon. In the end only a few hours worth were lost, but Nomad lost posts, etc., despite his best efforts on it.

Sod's law sometimes.

M

Nomad

Nomad - Maker & FM
Dec 18, 2012
Scotland
I guess I'm trying to work out if others that have Maker subscriptions have the Full Member subscription active as well. I'm wondering if the forum software is picking one from the two and displaying that - in this case, the one associated with the Full Member post count rather than the Maker one. Consequently, I'm also wondering if cancelling the Full Member subscription will result in only the Maker subscription being active and thus displaying "Maker" in the user info panel next to my posts.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I'm also wondering if cancelling the Full Member subscription will result in only the Maker subscription being active and thus displaying "Maker" in the user info panel next to my posts.

You have Full Member subs but have recently upgraded to Maker? Cancelling a Paypal arrangement isn’t likely to do much other than complicate things. How long has your Full Members been running? Change of status issues are pretty common hiccups.

Are you able to post in Makers forum? If you can, it’s a simple issue of changing your title as viewed on your profile pic.

Nomad

Nomad - Maker & FM
Dec 18, 2012
Scotland
You have Full Member subs but have recently upgraded to Maker? Cancelling a Paypal arrangement isn’t likely to do much other than complicate things. How long has your Full Members been running?

Are you able to post in Makers forum? If you can, it’s a simple issue of changing your title as viewed on your profile pic.

Yes, Full Member, just upgraded to Maker part-way through the current subscription period. Been a Full Member for years. In the account upgrades section, there are buttons within the forum to cancel the subs, which presumably sends a message to PayPal. Since that's within the forum, I wondered if it would automatically change the title to Maker.

I was under the impression that the title could be edited by the user, but I haven't been able to find out how.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE