Aboriginal Jungle Fowl Snare

BOD

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Early man's snares.

Packs away neatly

P4030138Medium.jpg

Special holder. A work of art.

P4030127Medium.jpg

Setting it up

P4030135Medium.jpg

P4030131Medium.jpg

P4030133Medium.jpg

An individual snare

P4030130Medium.jpg

Two halves for a big circle

P4030132Medium.jpg

Set up in open ground for photo purposes.

leon-1

Where about were these taken Ash??

Your right about the holder is beautifully wound / woven.

Can you get any pictures of it in use (obviously if it's legal where you are to use it)?

And one last, but not least thing, any chance on a tutorial on how to make them??

I know, I am not asking much:eek::eek:

BOD

Where about were these taken Ash??

Can you get any pictures of it in use (obviously if it's legal where you are to use it)?

And one last, but not least thing, any chance on a tutorial on how to make them??

I know, I am not asking much:eek::eek:

This was taken in Pahang, mainland Malaysia. The native in the pictures is the fire piston maker.

It is going to be a while before I get back there. As for a tutorial I don't know if I have the time left as I am leaving Malaysia in a few months and don't think I have enough time left to do it along with all the other things I have to do.

I'll ask him but not sure if there is time to video.

leahcim

Tenderfoot
Aug 2, 2011
USA
you ever try the Hopi Bird Snare. it is a stick with lots of trap oops like this on it. The Gambrel Quail gets stuck in them, then the others come to the rescue only to trap themselves. Look it up on you tube, it really works.

BOD

you ever try the Hopi Bird Snare. it is a stick with lots of trap oops like this on it. The Gambrel Quail gets stuck in them, then the others come to the rescue only to trap themselves. Look it up on you tube, it really works.

Thanks. That is interesting and simpler for survival purposes. the other is bush craft.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE