A Wright and son

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

swagman

Nomad
Aug 14, 2006
Tasmania
Hi guys

Dose anyone know anything about the A. WRIGHT & SON 701s BUSHCRAFT Knife?. I have seen a few on ebay and they dont seem
a bad price . Are they woodlore spec ?

Thank you

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
heres teh spec o nthe A wright site its similer toteh woody profile looks a fairly close copy its a bit thicker , a bit softer dunno if the grind angle is the same etc
never used one or seen one for real

You been drinking Duncan? :lmao:

In answer to the first post, the fit and finish hasn't been great on the few I've seen, especially the antler versions. But they are good solid workhorses in the same shape as the Woodlore.

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
I had a rosewood handled one,A very good knife that will do everything that any other will do.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
I've got the Stag Handled version and I can Honestly say that it's a Great Knife,I've had a Better sheath made for mine,and it's a Great Package for a Bargain Price.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
I was looking at these at the Chatsworth Show, and they looked very good for the money. Cant see why it wouldn't do most of the usual tasks well.

swagman

Nomad
Aug 14, 2006
Tasmania
Thanks for that guys
I have a woodlore at the minet but as it is getting an expensive knife i am scared of it getting stolen or me leaving it somewhere
so i have been looking for a replacement as an everyday user .
What would your advice be around the $200 dollar mark? (I do favour the woodlore look though)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE