a wide-mouth water bottle i can boil with?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shutupthepunx

Tenderfoot
Sep 21, 2013
outer cosmos
hey,

im looking for advice on a stainless steel wide mouthed water bottle which i can boil in and is available in the UK.maybe a litre or 750ml. I know they exist but i can'tseem to find any. a water bottle which i can also cook with seems like it would be handy. i know im being picky now but i have a tatonka folding handle mug which it would be great if my bottlecould fit inside.

thanks

Last edited:

Idleknight

Forager
Aug 14, 2013
United Kingdom, Near Hinckley
I found some local garrages and wilkos were doing a cheap copy of the glogg bottle (SS,750 ml, whide opening and carabiner)
I havent used both for general use as a water bottle and they have been abused by the kids, but I havent used them on a fire yet

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I've also got the tatonka mug, & the Chinese s/s wide mouth flasks fit in them, & they hold a litre, not boiled in one though.

Rob

Hypnagog

Nov 12, 2012
Essex
hotchpotchblog.wordpress.com
After getting the Pathfinder cookset from the US, I tried to duplicate the bottle with one available in the UK, so that I could make a set for a travelling partner.

1377294_10152314030538849_318938807_n.jpg

The Tatonka Mug works well with the Kleen Kanteen bottle from The Bushcraft Store... http://www.thebushcraftstore.co.uk/klean-kanteen-wide-stainless-steel-water-bottle---range-of-sizes-and-models-14750-p.asp

The lid from a large tin of potatoes makes a great lid for the Mug too (Cut using side-cutter tin openers).

A side by side comparison:

photo-1.jpg

Last edited:

shutupthepunx

Tenderfoot
Sep 21, 2013
outer cosmos
was stuck between the nalgene 32 oz stainless with the tapered sides at the bottom for £10 delivered, or the 38oz straight sided stainless nalgene for £28. selleled for the latter in the end as it will fit into my tatonka mug much better. (although i read somewhere that the latest of these mugs are a different size?). also, i really like the way theres the lip below where the lid attaches on the nalgenes, so the weight of carrying it on a caribener wont be putting stress on the lid (like the kleen kanteen) but on the bottle itself (i hope that makes sense). thanks for the advice everyone

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Heinnie have the Ti Vargo Bots in stock, though as you say spendy. The stainless version seems more reasonable.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE