A wet weekend in the Dales.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
Bog traversing and river crossing without a care, then putting Sealskinz on at camp.

Ah I see. Feet were drenched even though the Inov8 TrailRoc's are supposed to be waterproof. Didnt go over my ankles so the so-called waterproofness must be BS. They were comfortable though. I do wish I had worn the sealskinz first day however.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Jumping on to your comment on not finding a waterproof that can hold up in rain and hard work; have you thought about the Paramo range of jackets?

Hey Jack, I've never tried Paramo stuff. I have done some research into into it and it always seems to be a real marmite type of gear. The frequent reproofing doesn't bother me though so maybe it would be a winner.

Looks like a good trip and congrats on the 5 weeks :)

Hey thanks! Not really noticed any great leaps in my fitness from giving up but I did find I'd recover more quickly after the steep spots.

My kind of pace boys, when we going out :D

Haha anytime :D.

With ya there thrillsey!!

My kind of pace too!!

Kit, how did you find that fire maple stove mate? Is it the titanium one from China?

Been looking at something similar on alibaba.

Great report chaps!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheers mate :).
I got the stove second hand from eBay a couple of years a go. Although after a bit of searching I think its this one as it has a preheater like mine. Its not Ti at any rate.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Hey Jack, I've never tried Paramo stuff. I have done some research into into it and it always seems to be a real marmite type of gear. The frequent reproofing doesn't bother me though so maybe it would be a winner.

Hey thanks! Not really noticed any great leaps in my fitness from giving up but I did find I'd recover more quickly after the steep spots.

Haha anytime :D.

Cheers mate :).
I got the stove second hand from eBay a couple of years a go. Although after a bit of searching I think its this one as it has a preheater like mine. Its not Ti at any rate.

Ah sorry mate, I thought it was one of these - http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fire...-Ultralight-titanium-Gas-stove/993915138.html

It looks similar to yours though!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Realbark

Aimless Wanderer
Jan 18, 2011
South Lincs UK
Nice report thanks. Enjoyed reading it. Small tents eh? Im away in a Gelert Solo this weekend and its gonna be a squeeze to say the least. How did you get on with the water filter?

MrHare

Tenderfoot
Apr 27, 2012
Skipton,Yorkshire
Interesting report, thanks for sharing. It's a beautiful area. Bad luck with the weather, it'd been lovely round there the weekend before. Mind, the weekend before that it ****ed it down.

Congrats on the 5 weeks too. Keep it up, it gets easier as time goes on.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE