A Welsh meet up?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Any (or all!) Feb dates are good for me, but nail it down soon as I will have to confirm my Feb rota in the next week.
I can hardly wait - fire lighting, sleeping out, learning from others etc etc etc all in our famous West Wales wind and rain!
Bring it on!
John

Brocktor

Banned
Jul 25, 2006
uk
i have permission for three farms in wales we may use, i dont know how many people, tonyrefail (rhondda valleys). penrhiwfer (rhondda valleys). and hirwaun (sw brecon beacons) and am usually available to camp.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Tony - you seem to have a good one there!
How about going firm on Gelli over the w/e of 16-18th of Feb.
I am not trying to bully this along, it is just I have to get my dates set this week as my rota will be getting made up so I need a date now!

Is this good with everyone?

The meek shall inherit the earth - if that is OK with you guys.......
John

bow drill

Oct 12, 2005
wales
hope there's room for one more any date good with me

all the best
chris
how's the canoeing going john, was up your way the other week and that river was real high :confused :rolleyes:

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
16th - 18th is the only one I can get to the whole event, with the 9th - 11th being a distant second, others are a complete no-no.

ATB

Ogri the trog

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Well there we have it Tony....a massive vote in favour of 16-18th up at Gelli!
Can we go firm on this?
Will you organize it with Wilkie and put up a post that it is on.....
pretty please....
so I can fix my rota.....
thanks in advance!
John

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
All sorted, 16-18th Feb £10 per head and the address is

Gellie
Plwmp
Llandysul
Ceredigion
SA44 6BG

There's running water, toilets and showers if we want them. It's all closed for the winter but they'll turn on the water etc for us :D

We can have fires, forage etc. There's beaches nearby if we want to go there. It'll be a good weekend

More info here

See you there :D

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Great stuff Tony
I will definately be there - what kind of time will it be reasonable to arrive so that there is someone to let us know where to pitch our bivvies/hammocks (I could be there at dawn or earlier) as I understand that you have a prefered area.
Would it be in order for me to bring along bits and pieces to trade/sell or is that a no-no on this kind of meet?
See you soon
John

jocc

Jan 1, 2005
Cardiff
www.occuk.co.uk
John Fenna said:
Great stuff Tony
I will definately be there - what kind of time will it be reasonable to arrive so that there is someone to let us know where to pitch our bivvies/hammocks (I could be there at dawn or earlier) as I understand that you have a prefered area.
Would it be in order for me to bring along bits and pieces to trade/sell or is that a no-no on this kind of meet?
See you soon
John

Hi John
Don;t tell me your going to play with fire :) I may join you

John

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
JOCC!
I had no idea you were here!
I may, or not, bring my mini spout - it lives in my canoe kit - as I fancy an open fire.
See you there!

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Bring whatever you want, we're a couple of miles from the sea and it would be good to get down there ;)

No need for numbers, just turn up, we're going anyway.

Ahh, still eed to get an answer on dogs...I'll get an answer for you Andrew ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE