A Welsh meet up?

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Sorry to hear that you are in such a situation Ed - more storms in life that just the weather!
I guess I am lucky as a self employed journo/ writer/outdoor skills instructor/care worker, with no morgage/debts/kids/commitments and a (very understanding) wife who has a job that pays most of the bills!
Look on the bright side - you will not have to clean and dry all your kit this week - I seem to have a mountain of wet muddy kit to deal with....
But it was fun!
John

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
To all the guys, girls and kids that made it this w/end, thankyou for making my first BCUK outing an enjoyable one. :You_Rock_ I picked up some good tips, had a great time and look forward to the next meet (as long as it falls in between my work shift dates!)
It was good to meet you, and like John said, put faces to names.
I hope to see you all again soon for another good few days in the outdoors!
And a big thanks to John who saved me some money on the way home :D

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
It was good to see you all, a nice relaxing weekend, well, some of it when I wasn’t off working on Polly tunnels etc :D The kids thoroughly enjoyed themselves.

As for bi-monthly we should make it happen.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Oh I forgot to mention I had a great nights sleep lastnight, after not getting much on Sat night due to this really loud Freight train aka John Fenna
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Greg said:
Oh I forgot to mention I had a great nights sleep lastnight, after not getting much on Sat night
Erm.. me too but I kept the Mrs awake with my snoring :eek:
'twas a good weekend and we were lucky not to get the wet and cold together ;)
A good venue with a charismatic owner, I guess we'll be visiting there again.
Thanks to all who put it together, I'm looking forward to the next one though a tad warmer would be nice.

ATB

Ogri the trog ;)

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Ogri the trog said:
Erm.. me too but I kept the Mrs awake with my snoring :eek:
'twas a good weekend and we were lucky not to get the wet and cold together ;)
A good venue with a charismatic owner, I guess we'll be visiting there again.
Thanks to all who put it together, I'm looking forward to the next one though a tad warmer would be nice.

ATB

Ogri the trog ;)

And hopefully drier!!!!:rolleyes:

queeg9000

Forager
Apr 24, 2006
Caldicot, South Wales
Gotta chuck my bit in too, had a great weekend, weather wasn't the best on friday, but Saturday/Sunday turned out okay.

Tried the pod for the first time, weird to start with, not keen on being to enclosed, but warm enough, even when the frost came on saturday night.

It's a pity a few more BCUK members didn't show, sorry to hear of your redundancy Ed, good luck on finding something new............or have a chat with John Fenna, now there's a great guy, who seems to do okay not working full time for a living!

A big thank you to Tony, and to Keith who opened up his site for us, what a thoroughly nice bloke, and I'm really envious of the land he has available!

Good to get to know a few more people, Greg and John especially.

Hope to see you all again very soon.. hopefully a bit drier next time!! :lmao:

Aug 4, 2005
Sunny South Wales.
Ed said:
Not a fair weather bushcrafter at all mate.... I dont know if Tony made my appologies, but since myself and my other half have just been made redundant I had to deal with dole office / job club (friday) and interviews (saturday).... sorry I wasn't there, but putting a roof over my head and feeding us takes priority over chilling out in the woods .... I hope you understand my postition and you all had a great time, and I'm sorry I missed it :(

:D
Ed

Downer. :(

One of the labourers who used to work with us told the Benefits people he was homeless so they gave him a grant to pay for a tent, sleeping bag and stove. :cool: Don't know :dunno: if that sort of thing still goes on, but might be worth asking. New bushcraft kit at the taxpayer's expense....and without having to visit the Middle East to earn it :AR15firin :BlueTeamE :togo: :morpheus: :swordfigh :nutkick: :twak: :buttkick: . Every cloud has a silver lining... :cool:

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
:lmao: nnnnoooooooooo NO MORE KIT...... The spare room is full and the living room is getting there. I still have all the WEA kit from when I was running the wilderness living skills courses for them .... they can have it back when they pay me my two grand they owe from last year!!! ..... not sure what they will do with all the kit though as they no longer have the instructors :cool:

:D
Ed

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
So when are we going to have another Moot, I thought the idea was to have one every couple of months?

Is there any chance of us going back to Gellie, or does anyone know somewhere else we could go?

How about 13 - 15th April sound?

Come on guys lets get a moot on the books!!:D

Aug 4, 2005
Sunny South Wales.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE