a walk in the woods.

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
being as the weather cleared over this afternoon i decided to take the dog out for a mooch.

heres some pictures from the walk:

DSC00615-1.jpg

the leaves were covering the woodland floor with a crunchy golden carpet.
DSC00616-1.jpg

after a short while we came across an old hut,no idea what its for but i have filed its location for further use!
DSC00619-1.jpg

my trusty dog and me taking a brief break for a drink and a biscuit.
DSC00632.jpg

There was evidence of a lot of deer in the area,trails through the bracken and plenty of these:
DSC00604-1.jpg

DSC00605-1.jpg

and signes of pheasants too!
DSC00608-1.jpg

DSC00596.jpg

i really think game keepers should camouflage their feed stations,this is less likely to get the attention of poachers!

after another mile or so we stumbled across a pond teaming with trout and wild fowl,i intend to return to this spot in the future.

DSC00637.jpg

all in all a nice afternoon spent.
thanks for looking.

bushcraftbob

Settler
Jun 1, 2007
Oxfordshire
Looks like a crackin bimble you had there. My dad paints his feed bins bright blue, cos he reckons they get to recognse the colour and it draws the birds in... hes a bit of a mad old gamekeeper mind.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
when you have lots of land and woods / shoots to cover finding feeders can be hard which is why they are painted bright blue / red. its even harder in high cover crops such as maze when the paths to them are best marked too.......

great pics awesome little bimble........

chris......................................................

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
Nice to see you again fish.
Would you believe some cheeky so and so's have been pinching the feeders, never mind poaching.
Is there much poaching still round your way?

the feeders stay put but the feed is nicked by skint folk with chickens to feed. as for the poaching......well theres a little around here but only for the pot stuff.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE