A stitch in time

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

PatrickM

Nomad
Sep 7, 2005
Glasgow
www.backwoodsurvival.co.uk
sewingcoiled02.jpg

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Lovely as always patrick, you have an amazing talent of posting pics of projects I'm about to start.... I've just collected a load of basket making material :)

:D
Ed

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Fantastic work. What are the baskets made with and is there any chance of a tutorial on the basketmaking?:eek:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Beautiful, and practical, as ever :D :notworthy

The photos are very good but they still don't do full justice to the pieces, or the workmanship. Strong, flexible yet very lightweight, made from natural materials they are very beautiful items.

Bush *craft* is an endless fascination, but what Patrick hasn't said is just how much time and patience it takes to develop skill to the level where making baskets and boxes as *right* as these, is his normal practice.

In the endless whirl of wanting to do it all, I think we all too often under rate the time it takes to do something properly.

cheers,
Toddy

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Patrick, its your sloppiness and the uneven nature of your stitches and basket work that really lets you down :D

(Not)

Stunning as ever!

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE