A sporting fox

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I thought I'd share a nice little experience that happened today in the course of my work.

I was at the Oval cricket ground in the centre of London this morning for a conference and on looking out of the window spied this gentleman watching the proceedings as they prepared the wicket and the teams were about have some warm-up so I got my mobile phone out and took some snaps.

fox1.jpg

He wasn't at all bothered by the watchers behind him and I was only about 6 feet away when I took the pictures

fox2.jpg

He then dissapeared and the conference started. Then a little bit later the game commence, the sun reappeared, so did the fox and he decided to go watch the game in session :D

fox3.jpg

Then it got a bit boring for him so he decided to have a snooze in the sun and he was still there when I left at lunch time

fox4.jpg

Morale of the story..... you just never know when you'll have some wildlife to observe so keep your eyes open and your camera handy :)

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
city foxes are cool. they should all live there, cleaning up the rubbish and watching cricket. rural foxes are heinous beasts. (see my other thread on the subject).

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I've seen two storks today, no pictures though. The first one was so close flying above me I thought I was gonna hit it! It looked like something from Jurrasic Park but with feathers, absolutely huge!

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've seen two storks today, no pictures though. The first one was so close flying above me I thought I was gonna hit it! It looked like something from Jurrasic Park but with feathers, absolutely huge!

There`s a pair nesting in an old chimney stack behind my dads house in Portugal. They swoop down to drink out of the pool when nobody`s about. But when you`re dozing in the hammock and they haven`t seen you they`ll come down and scare the bejesus out of you.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Brilliant! I bet you could get that published in the paper if you send it them!!

I possibly could, but to be honest I'm not that bothered. It was a nice little thing to see and share with people on here. There were loads of others taking pics as well and no doubt one of them will be selling them on. But at least you got to see it first :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE