A spoon for Mrs Hog

Nearly 280 hits on this post and not a single comment good or bad so I reckon it was not good enough so I took it down.
Any how I'll put it back.
Its made from mahogany with linseed oil to finish, its only ornamental and was done with my bushcraft and crook knife.
womansspoon001.jpg

Last edited:

Cap'n Badger

Maker
Jul 18, 2006
Port o' Cardiff
goodjob.....looks liken it could be one o' those 'Snake' spoons we hear o' from the wilds o' the lands o' the lubber. :)
One thing I've gotta get around t' doin' mesel' this yarrr.....tho gotta make me one o' those 'crook' knives first......Why do they calls it a 'crook' knife I wonders.....perchance owned by thieves an' vagabonds?....or just found t' be a remarkable resemblance o' a shepherds 'crooked' staff?

xavierdoc

Apr 5, 2006
SW Wales
I like that spoon- hope Mrs Hogg does, too. I've never tried a mahogany spoon, though I carved a puppet head from it once. How was it to carve?

Why do they calls it a 'crook' knife I wonders.....perchance owned by thieves an' vagabonds?....or just found t' be a remarkable resemblance o' a shepherds 'crooked' staff?

I think of knives like the one in the pic as "Hook" knives (often referred to as spoon knives) and "crooked" knives as Mocotaugan-like tools, as featured recently in the Edged tools section.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE