a sexy axe from Mr Budd esquire!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
Finally i saved up enough pennies for a blacksmithed carving axe head,and i have admired Dave Budd's work for a long time and have a few of his tools allready si i spoke to Dave and we came up with a shape that would suit my needs for carving,i got the head only as i wanted a particular style of carving handle that could be choked up and it would be semi counter ballanced like the french sabatiers axes,having handled it with a lovely bit of ash it has had a couple of weeks use now ,and i dont think i could better it,just imagine a gransfors carver but way smoother!

db1.JPG
DSC07661.jpg
dbx.JPG
thanks for looking

Last edited:

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Well that really is a fine-looking tool, Mr. Fish..............Lovely lines and looks as if it'll do the business very well indeed; I'm envious, indeed I am! :approve:

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
That's lovely work . The haft is nice too but the bit on that is just Art!
Beauty and function.
👍

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
Nice one Fish, well chosen, well made (I've some of Dave's stuff and it's been unfailingly superb) and well helved. I'm sure we'll be seeing some of the stuff you make with it in due course ;)

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
thanks guys i think the weight is 1.5lb,its going to get a lot of use this week as ive just been given 10ft of silver birch!

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Lovely lines on that axe both of you, a good colab effort. :)

Keep meaning to get up your way fishfish. We get up to Tollard and spend some time with my father in law, usually ends with us staying an extra day or so. Be up that way again Thursday week as we've got his Patterdale for a few days.

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
Lovely lines on that axe both of you, a good colab effort. :)

Keep meaning to get up your way fishfish. We get up to Tollard and spend some time with my father in law, usually ends with us staying an extra day or so. Be up that way again Thursday week as we've got his Patterdale for a few days.
always welcome to drop in mate.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE