A Scandi Bushy Sort of Thing

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JustJoel

Oct 4, 2009
Galloway, Ohio
So, a while back I offered to make up a knife to give as a second place prize in the skills competition happening over on BCUSA. To be honest, I tossed four designs around for about a month and I landed on this one. I think it turned out pretty well. (Sorry if the pics are fuzzy. Wife has procured new camera and left me with the old one...)

DSC01374.jpg

This one's 9 1/4 inches long with a 4 3/4 inch handle and the rest in the blade. It's made from an 1/8 inch (approx 3 mm if I did the math right) bit of A2, hardned to HRC 59/60 and cryo treated. The scales are a really nice bit of stabalized Oak Burl the guys at Alpha Knife Supply had on hand.

DSC01378.jpg

She's Scandi ground at about 12 degrees a side and oil sanded up to about 600 grit. It's got a lanyard tube and a mosaic pin and some black fiber spacers.

DSC01379.jpg

I think it feels pretty good in the hand and I like the way the butt feels against the heal of my palm. Also works very well if you need to put a hand on the back and push.

Anyhow, thanks for looking. As always, comments & questions are welcome. Take care,

Joel

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE