a satchel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Feb24743.jpg

Found out my mothers school satchell today.

its a bit misshapen and needs a good clean.

also re stitching would be nice.

Im going to saddlesoap the leather to re condition it.

but its got writing on the inside in felt tip and biro.

any ideas as to how to remove this?

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Not sure if it will work on the inside, but a tip I found for removing biro from leather furniture( :twak: kids!!!!) was to use hairspray and it worked! As I say the problem might be that the inside is different to the outside so be careful!

B

bushyboo

Goose said:
Not sure if it will work on the inside, but a tip I found for removing biro from leather furniture( :twak: kids!!!!) was to use hairspray and it worked! As I say the problem might be that the inside is different to the outside so be careful!

dont want to sound stupid but how does the hairspray work ? :eek: do you just spray it on and wipe it off or are you better leaving it on for a few mins ?
ive got a leather couch and pesky kids :lmao:

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
bushyboo said:
dont want to sound stupid but how does the hairspray work ? :eek: do you just spray it on and wipe it off or are you better leaving it on for a few mins ?
ive got a leather couch and pesky kids :lmao:
Just spray it on and wipe it off, may take a couple of goes. You use it as a fluid it breaks down the ink and it just wipes off, and as sionnach says test on an inconspicous area first!
Tengu, had another thought if it is on the "rough"leather inside have you tried sanding it?

B

bushyboo

thanks goose im off to pinch the other halfs hairspray

B

bushyboo

it worked and worked well no more red pen on the couch
thanks again mate

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE