A rainy night in Stevenage

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

scubapauly

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 20, 2009
Hertfordshire
scubapauly.zenfolio.com
Hi Folks,

I had a great weekend out in the woods this weekend. My mate and I camped in my local patch.

The cold weather and rain was no trouble at all. To be honest we seemed to keep ourselves busy all afternoon setting up and getting firewood (deadfalls).

Had to go with a campfire in the end once the temperature really dropped and the rain picked up. We cleared a small area down to the dirt and had a little blaze going.

I learnt an important lesson in my second night hanging from trees in the hammock.....I'd pitched the tarp at a steep angle to the hammock to try and keep out the wind and rain. Trouble was is was a bit too steep. Once I go in and got comfy the hammock had dropped below the tarp and made a nice 'catcher' for the rain water draining off the tarp :(
Once I realised what was happening and why I was getting wet I was able to jump out and reset the tarp at a better angle. Lucky for me synthetic sleeping bags stay warm when wet :)

My mate was suitably impressed with his first night in a hammock :)

We got a surprise visit from SWMBO on Sunday morning. She came out for a wander with the dogs and brought supplies to cook us breakfast (we had brough 24hr ration packs with us).

I was really pleased with the skills I've picked up online, I got myself a fire going with wet wood in the pouring rain. Decent enough fire to cook on :)

So all in all a great bushy weekend, complete with our own surprise personal chef

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE