A quiet over night stay-pic heavy

Afternoon All
this weekend i am taking the socuts to their district survival skills camp so thought a quiet over night stay at the permission would get me in the right frame of mind for a weekend with them.
when i got there it was hammering with rain so didnt get a chance to get pics of me setting up the tarpaulin i'm afraid.
Home for the night
feb2011camp001.jpg

i recently got my mitts on the outdoor axe from GB so thought that it would get a test run over the night
feb2011camp002.jpg

and other than the use of a folding saw it provided me with sufficient firewood to get the fire going and established in the wet
feb2011camp003.jpg

by now i wanted a brew(no shock really i swear i am a tea based life form) so fired up the honey stove and battoned some wood for the fire whilst it boiled
feb2011camp005.jpg

feb2011camp006.jpg

then i had a breather with a brew and a smoke
feb2011camp007.jpg

time to get the fire lit now and it was still quite wet out so tinder was a combination of birch bark and rubber strips
feb2011camp010.jpg

well that worked nicely :)
feb2011camp011.jpg

The evening meal was sausage and dehydrated cheesy pasta(only an over night stay so figured i would slum it this time :lmao:)
feb2011camp017.jpg

to add some flavour i cooked the sausage over the fire whilst the water boiled
feb2011camp018.jpg

After dinner my friend pixie(nickname from scouts thats stuck) popped in on his way home from work for a brew. not quite sure about the hat but he seemed happy
feb2011camp025.jpg

Then Danny made it with much needed water and chocolate biscuit supplies
feb2011camp027.jpg

About 23:00 hours we set out our beds for the night
feb2011camp028.jpg

so by half twelve literally sloshing with tea we retired to bed, woke at around 08:30 and broke camp
Fire place now you see it
feb2011camp031.jpg

And now you dont
feb2011camp032.jpg

Then Dan
feb2011camp033.jpg

And Sam
feb2011camp035.jpg

went home for a brew. and in my case a shower and shave and reorganise of kit before i head off this evening.
Was a much needed night, Tis first time i have been out since last years blizzard(enjoyed that but ruddy battery died on camera. mind you i was then afflicted by bells palsy after that weekend)
Hope you guys and gals have enjoyed the photo's and i've not bored you too much.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Looks like a nice spot you have there!
Re Bells Palsey - has it recovered yet....had mine about 10 years now after a martial arts sparring accident.....

Nice one Sam... looks a really nice place to chill out :)

you'll find out soon enough mate.

John the bells palsy was second time i had it. both times with antibiotics and steroids it has gone fortunately. apparently i was very unlucky to have it on both sides of the face.

Freddy i am in process of becoming leader of my old troop in potton we are off to a campsite in henlow tonight.

those who say they want to grab their bags do it! i've been procrastinating for month or so to get out for a night

shutz

Forager
Jan 5, 2011
cumbria
looks good just goes to show you don't need much to have a great time, going to have a look at a spot tomorrow so fingers crossed i will be doing the same soon.

11binf

Forager
Aug 16, 2005
Phx. Arizona U.S.A
i do overnights as well..just to get away even for one day/night it's refreshing to me ,and also great having your mate's with you sharing the adventure..great pic's..thanks..vince g. 11B Inf..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE