Running DIY WoodStove over night in a small cabin & safety issues

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spader

Native
Dec 19, 2009
Scotland
Don’t worry so much about what is wrong. Have fun playing with it until it runs right.

Just looking over your posts: you seem to be burning small diameter twigs and branches. I’m not sure how that translates.

I’m pretty sure that your stove is designed to burn something like quartered logs 100mm - 120mm wide. It won’t burn through the night on small branches.

I tend to start with small twigs and thin chopped wood harvested and picked up from the back garden. Then when fire builds and going strong, then put in the large logs cut into anything between 50mm - 100mm in diameter.

My wood stoves are in the patio under the canopy shelter, and the other one is by the garden shed under the tarp. So they are never run over night. I tend to run during the late afternoon, and usually the session ends by around 9 - 10pm.

Reactions: Pattree

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE