A quick hello

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
For all Cardiffians or anyone who will be in Cardiff anytime in the future I work at an outdoors shop called "Kudos". Anyone is welcome to come in and introduce themsleves to me. I work every Sunday and i am the short person usually by the till!

Cheers,

Jake

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Does anyone ever find themeselves walking thorugh Cardiff City center on a sunday?

beach bum

On a new journey
Jul 15, 2004
cardiff
Really Jake you are too funny :eek:): I make a point of never going into town on sunday's :wave:

regards

beach bum

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
I suppose you could say that i'm not a devout Christian! (this thread is starting to tweak me out a bit).

But seriously it would be good to see some of the Cardiffians. I know Stuart is near Cardiff, i think Ed is as well (not sure though). Shaggystu is in Swansea! Time to look at the map......OH!! Beach Bum! i didnt see you were too! :lol: Justintime is near. And Chugnut7,Wolfie.

And if any others decide to visit the wonderful city of Cardiff on a sunday?

Cheers,

Jake :biggthump

beach bum

On a new journey
Jul 15, 2004
cardiff
Well Jake for your information I live in Llanedeyrn, for the rest of you this is a godawful :yikes:
1970's council estate, it's one saving grace is that fifteen yards from my back gate there is a wood mostly oak some ash,beech with birch hazel around the edges. oh the edges also have discarded vcr's t.v.'s kitchen furniture black bags..............you get the idea. :?: :nono:
When i was jake's age this wood was pristine I spent many happy hours in there chasing all manner of wild life, even lay in the ferns there with my first girl , :wink: and every day I look at it and see the folk about treat it as a tip,fair chokes me up :cry:
However the upside is come the winter put some birdfeed out and you'll be amazed at the variety of birds that inhabit the wood.
A ten minute walk takes you to the river rhymney which in my youth ran black as ink with coal dust, now running sweet and clear even saw a kingfisher this summer. :lol:
Hope that helps Jake

regards

beach bum :wave:

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
My Dad works up in the health center in Llanederyn. I know what you mean about the place, can't qute place the woods though. but i can imagine they would bemis-used by thugs in stolen cars, same goes for a lot of woodland though.

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
how ironic, the day i finally deicde to get round to changing my location on the map jake decides to point out that i live in swansea!! not any more mate, moved back up north, will be coming down to cardiff soon tho, still got lots of mates down that neck of the woods so i shall have to call in and say hi when i'm there. can't think where kudos is tho jake, is it in the town centre?

stuart

p.s. thanks again for the leatherman jake, it's become a permanent fixture on my belt, no idea how i lived without it!

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
:lmao: No worries, i'm very pleased its gone to a good home! Kudos is next door to blacks (or the next outdoor shop along next to the pub). It's right opposite the Castle. Where are you moving to up north?

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
decided to move back to chesterfield mate, much as i loved it in swansea things just weren't working out too well there. i'm sure i must have been in your shop at some point, i shall make sure i call in to say hi the next time i'm in cardiff and we shall arrange to do something, maybe take a stroll along the taff trail or something.

stuart.

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Great stuff, that'll be something to look forward to on those ridiculously long days standing up, theres only so many times you can say "Can i help you at all Sir/Madam?".

Hopefully i'll see you soon! Remember i only work sundays so i most likely wont be there in the week!

Jake :biggthump

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE