a quick experiment

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

catweasel

Tenderfoot
Dec 10, 2009
rotherham
Fill in the cut outs in the handle and round the edges,then make the blade serration free and I'd be happy with it.

i like seration on at least part of the blade, i have a divers knife, a bit like this one http://www.armynavyshop.com/prods/rc3034.html

but the blade length is too long for it to be a regular out and about carry and mora's rope knife has too many serations along the whole length of the blade

edit just signed up jonathan d cheers

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
i like seration on at least part of the blade, i have a divers knife, a bit like this one http://www.armynavyshop.com/prods/rc3034.html

but the blade length is too long for it to be a regular out and about carry and mora's rope knife has too many serations along the whole length of the blade

edit just signed up jonathan d cheers

I don't think you'll find any bushcrafters that like serrations, they hold no practical use for us and just get in the way. They obviously have their applications for mounaineering, rescue, diving etc. The Grylls knife has serrations that are just not good for any of those activities either, they were designed simply to be able to be sharpened if you find yourself in the wilderness with stuff that wouldn't work on a larger blade. Purely as an emergency and of no use to 99.999999999999% of outdoors people at all. But I know a couple of folks that swear by them.

Last edited:

catweasel

Tenderfoot
Dec 10, 2009
rotherham
DSC00943.jpg

these are the 2 knifes i want to merge together, the grind on the mora is too complex for me to attempt but i think you get the idea of what im after

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Nope, not me at all.

But its obviously well built.

And i dont know why we knock him....he did get made Chief Scout after all

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
I like the knife, it looks well made, and I love the sheath, I quite fancy a FK A1 in a sheath like that.
I don't like the serrations, but I don't really like serrations on any knife.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE